The Student Room Group

Leeds A100 Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo_maths
DAYUM, 16 to 1???? is that true?

It was for 2012 entry. There are less applicants per offer though, which is a more informative statistic
Reply 181
DAYUM, 16 to 1???? is that true?

Yeah, that was the figure for last year :frown: It might increase this year too based on past trends! :frown:
achieved or predicted

Achieved :smile:
Just wondering what do they mean by 'cashing in AS level grades' ?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths
Original post by mrhedgehog
Achieved :smile:

Sweet :biggrin:, they are my predicted for A2
Reply 185
hiyaaaa
basically leeds has always been one of my top choices but I recently did my ukcat and it was literally awfull but I am applying through a2L so I was wondering do you think it would provide some leniancy for my ukcat score
for eg.... say I manage to get their standard medicine offer could the a2l account for my ukcat or gcse grades instead
thankyouuu xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone!
I'm in year 13 now studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
I've got an A at AS Level in Economics.
I got 8A*s, 2A's and 2Bs at GSCE. A in English Language and A* in Maths.
My UKCAT score was 767.5 (3070)
I am also applying to Manchester (my local uni) and KIngs College London.
I don't know what university I should have as my fourth?
Also, do you think I stand a realistic chance getting interviews?
Thanks!!
Reply 187
Original post by Megamanshah
Hi everyone!
I'm in year 13 now studying Biology, Chemistry and Maths.
I've got an A at AS Level in Economics.
I got 8A*s, 2A's and 2Bs at GSCE. A in English Language and A* in Maths.
My UKCAT score was 767.5 (3070)
I am also applying to Manchester (my local uni) and KIngs College London.
I don't know what university I should have as my fourth?
Also, do you think I stand a realistic chance getting interviews?
Thanks!!

Hiya, your academics are great so I'm pretty sure you'll pass that stage! However your personal statement has to be good enough to get you through to interview as once they've narrowed it down to 1000 people, PS is all that matters. If you think your PS Is up to scratch then I don't see why Leeds isn't an option for you! However there are probably med schools that would be less of a risk for a fourth choice as PS is obviously very subjective. Have you had a look at Birmingham , Hull York, Newcastle and Cardiff? :smile:
Original post by Lucyloo859
as once they've narrowed it down to 1000 people, PS is all that matters.

I'm 'bare scared' by this fact :/ No idea whether my PS is 'ite or not!!
Reply 189
Original post by Dr. Django
I'm 'bare scared' by this fact :/ No idea whether my PS is 'ite or not!!

I know! I'm pretty damn worried about my PS haha! I have absolutely no clue if it's any good or not but we'll just have to go for it :biggrin: Leeds is my favourite though and it's my most risky :frown: I think I'd literally kiss the admissions tutor if I got in hahah!
I know! I'm pretty damn worried about my PS haha! I have absolutely no clue if it's any good or not but we'll just have to go for it :biggrin: Leeds is my favourite though and it's my most risky :frown: I think I'd literally kiss the admissions tutor if I got in hahah!

Leeds is awesome!! Just praying that my PS is decent, but it is so hard to tell!!!

Haha I would too :biggrin: Leeds was just so cool! Looked like a place made for students
Reply 191
Leeds is awesome!! Just praying that my PS is decent, but it is so hard to tell!!!

Haha I would too :biggrin: Leeds was just so cool! Looked like a place made for students

It really is! My step sister lives there and she absolutely loves it. I really wanted to be in/near a city too. I can't imagine being in the back end of nowhere haha.

I know what you mean about the PS, I think mine's ok but I'm not sure if it's great. I sent it round a few people and they said it should do the job but I guess it's about who reads it and what they're looking for on the day really.
It really is! My step sister lives there and she absolutely loves it. I really wanted to be in/near a city too. I can't imagine being in the back end of nowhere haha.

I know what you mean about the PS, I think mine's ok but I'm not sure if it's great. I sent it round a few people and they said it should do the job but I guess it's about who reads it and what they're looking for on the day really.

It looks amazing, just got to keep our fingers crossed :smile:

I know mine isn't bad but I'm very unsure whether it is good!! PS is so subjective as you say :/ Oh well, hopefully we'll both get interviews :biggrin: At least at some of my other choices I should be guaranteed interviews so it isn't overly risky!
Reply 193
It looks amazing, just got to keep our fingers crossed :smile:

I know mine isn't bad but I'm very unsure whether it is good!! PS is so subjective as you say :/ Oh well, hopefully we'll both get interviews :biggrin: At least at some of my other choices I should be guaranteed interviews so it isn't overly risky!

Yeah, that's what I've done so hopefully I should get at least one interview! I think we've applied to similar places so we might end up running into each other at some point!
Y
Yeah, that's what I've done so hopefully I should get at least one interview! I think we've applied to similar places so we might end up running into each other at some point!

Yeah, I remember that at least 2 were the same! Where did you end up applying? I went for Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle :biggrin:
Reply 195
Y

Yeah, I remember that at least 2 were the same! Where did you end up applying? I went for Edinburgh, Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle :biggrin:

I've applied to Leeds, Leicester, Newcastle and Nottingham :biggrin:
Hello...
I have a really strong ps however my ukcat is 655. Also my GCSEs are 2A* 8.5A 4B. My AS were BCCC however I have extenuating circumstances for this but I am predicted AAA for A2. Is it worth applying??
Thanks!! And good luck to everyone... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by mynameisntbobk
I read their admissions policy and it turns out parts of my PS are written how they said they didn't want it worded. Plus, the whole 16 applicants to 1 place is very offputting

I wouldn't let those things put you off! If you're a good applicant, you're a good applicant, regardless of the number of applicants to places. But if you've already sent off the application then so be it!
Hiya, your academics are great so I'm pretty sure you'll pass that stage! However your personal statement has to be good enough to get you through to interview as once they've narrowed it down to 1000 people, PS is all that matters. If you think your PS Is up to scratch then I don't see why Leeds isn't an option for you! However there are probably med schools that would be less of a risk for a fourth choice as PS is obviously very subjective. Have you had a look at Birmingham , Hull York, Newcastle and Cardiff? :smile:

I think Birmingham require an A* in English Language at GCSE which I don't have.
I was looking at Newcastle but I'm not sure.
Reply 199
Hey everyone I just wna clarify something. Leeds wants 3 grade As at A2. Is 3 grade As at A-level OK, because I actually got a B (239/300) in A2 chemistry, but overall a grade A (510/600)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending