The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

ASK the Official Kingston Rep

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hello,

I'm in my first year at Kingston University studying Finance + Accounting and I was looking for some advice. I find BIA, Economics, & OB relatively straight forward, but the Financial Accounting is very difficult for me, to the point where I'm not sure I can pass. I've done every single assignment and mcq but my grade is not sharp. I'm thinking about switching courses next year. I'm growing interest in Business with IT. I understand that Business with IT has 3 of the same courses as Finance Accounting - they each share BIA, OB, & Economics. I was wondering if it would make sense for me to switch next year. Is that possible? How would I make up for that extra course that I missed if I switch to Business with IT?

Also, is it true that for halls on campus, you can only apply if you're a first year? Is it true that next year, I cannot apply for halls on campus?

Thank you
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 41
I've received a conditional offer for graphic design and the entry requirement is 280 UCAS points which the website states must come from recognised level 3 qualifications, however, the UCAS offer states it must come from at least 2 A-Levels. I'm wondering are UCAS points gathered from both AS and A2 qualifications or just A2? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Original post by M2531
Hello,

I'm in my first year at Kingston University studying Finance + Accounting and I was looking for some advice. I find BIA, Economics, & OB relatively straight forward, but the Financial Accounting is very difficult for me, to the point where I'm not sure I can pass. I've done every single assignment and mcq but my grade is not sharp. I'm thinking about switching courses next year. I'm growing interest in Business with IT. I understand that Business with IT has 3 of the same courses as Finance Accounting - they each share BIA, OB, & Economics. I was wondering if it would make sense for me to switch next year. Is that possible? How would I make up for that extra course that I missed if I switch to Business with IT?

Also, is it true that for halls on campus, you can only apply if you're a first year? Is it true that next year, I cannot apply for halls on campus?

Thank you

Hello!

I would suggest that you contact our admissions team as they will be able to advise you. Their contact details are

Tel: 0844 855 2177 (for callers in the UK only) or +44 (0)20 8328 1148 (for callers outside the UK)

In regards to halls of residence, they are for first year students unless for example you are on a study abroad year or have a disability. There are many other alternatives though so don't panic! You can call our accommodation department and ask their advice on +44 (0)20 8417 7311.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions.

Chloe
Student Ambassador :smile:
Original post by megwn
I've received a conditional offer for graphic design and the entry requirement is 280 UCAS points which the website states must come from recognised level 3 qualifications, however, the UCAS offer states it must come from at least 2 A-Levels. I'm wondering are UCAS points gathered from both AS and A2 qualifications or just A2? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Hi Megwn,

Congratulations on your offer!

I would suggest contacting our admissions department to discuss this. Generally UCAS points are from all relevant qualifications (you can find a list on their website). The number for our admissions department is

Tel: 0844 855 2177 (for callers in the UK only) or +44 (0)20 8328 1148 (for callers outside the UK)

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
How do I check the status of my accommodation application, i was told that i can keep track of it by going on the OSIS however it just seems to make me re-apply? I received a confirmation email telling me that my application was submitted but thats about it?
Reply 45
Original post by Kingston University
Hi.
If you have any questions about Kingston University, then you can ask them here and we will do our best to reply within two weeks.
Kind regards
Kingston Official Rep.

I live outside the UK and will recieve results in August. Will university get my results directly from the examining board or will I have to send the copy of certificates myself.
Original post by umar1976
I live outside the UK and will recieve results in August. Will university get my results directly from the examining board or will I have to send the copy of certificates myself.

Hi Umar,

I suggest that you contact our International Students office, the link is here. If you have any more questions then please let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Student Ambassador
Hi.
If you have any questions about Kingston University, then you can ask them here and we will do our best to reply within two weeks.
Kind regards
Kingston Official Rep.

Hi, I want to know when I will be allocated a room of the halls. I'm an international student and I have to plan the date for shipping my stuffs to the hall. It would be really helpful if I know which address I should use.

Thank you:biggrin:
Original post by Ching8141
Hi, I want to know when I will be allocated a room of the halls. I'm an international student and I have to plan the date for shipping my stuffs to the hall. It would be really helpful if I know which address I should use.

Thank you:biggrin:

Hi Ching,

I would suggest contacting our International team the contact details are here. You can discuss this with them and they will be able to direct you to the right place.

I hope this helps,

Student Ambassador
Hello.

How do I know what books I will be reading and such for my course? I will be studying Nutrition with a foundation degree and its the first time I study at a University in the UK. Everything is very new to me, and from courses I have read in the past (individual courses) you could get ahold of the list a bit in advance so you can buy them early.

If I need to wait until later, thats fine too :smile:

Thanks for any help though!
Original post by loveybee
Hello.

How do I know what books I will be reading and such for my course? I will be studying Nutrition with a foundation degree and its the first time I study at a University in the UK. Everything is very new to me, and from courses I have read in the past (individual courses) you could get ahold of the list a bit in advance so you can buy them early.

If I need to wait until later, thats fine too :smile:

Thanks for any help though!

Hi loveybee,

You can contact your course administrator (available on the webpage for your course) and see if any of the reading lists are ready or if there is anything they can recommend. If they aren't ready I would just try and get some general reading done, you can look up what you are going to be studying on the webpage for your course.

If you have any more questions please let me know :smile:

Chloe
Student Ambassador
For kingstons clearing, I've applied for adult nursing, do they not do interviews or just offer you a place. When I called the guy I spoke to said they will call you in 5-7 days to tell you if you've got a space..
Reply 52
Hi, do you know anyone who studied at Kingston and took an Erasmus year?
Original post by Welkom
Hi, do you know anyone who studied at Kingston and took an Erasmus year?

Hi Welkom,

Yes I do, it's a very popular choice. I have friends that have gone all over the world. Is there anything you're particularly interested in?

Student Ambassador
Reply 54
Hi Welkom,

Yes I do, it's a very popular choice. I have friends that have gone all over the world. Is there anything you're particularly interested in?

Student Ambassador

I was looking at Journalism in Spain, but really I just want to read about any experiences studying whatever and wherever. Do you know the acceptance rate of those that apply at Kingston?
Original post by Welkom
I was looking at Journalism in Spain, but really I just want to read about any experiences studying whatever and wherever. Do you know the acceptance rate of those that apply at Kingston?

Hi Welkom,

Here is a link to all of our study abroad options and what our current students have to say about it. I don't know the acceptance rate, however, I have a lot of friends who have gone on study abroad this year. I know two people in New Zealand, one in California, one who has just come back from a year in Sweden. It's a great opportunity and you get to list three options, as long as your reference from your personal tutor is strong then you have a good chance!

If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Student Ambassador
Reply 56
Thanks!
Reply 57
Hello!
I will be doing foundation year at Kingston. And I am working. My employe wants to know how many days I will be free. So I was wondering how many days you usually attending university when you doing foundation year?
Thanks!
Reply 58
What's the earliest you can move into halls?
Original post by IndreV
Hello!
I will be doing foundation year at Kingston. And I am working. My employe wants to know how many days I will be free. So I was wondering how many days you usually attending university when you doing foundation year?
Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for the late response,

Do you now have your timetable? Or wil you be studying with us next year?

Best,

Chloe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending