The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
The whole point of the assessment is to filter the preferable personalities that they require in their staff. Ones who have the m&s frame of mind i am guessing. So there are no real answers.. its just what you would do. If you didnt pass.. you clearly are not what they are looking for.
^But that's obviously not true if they change what they are looking for!!

Back in the day when it first was introduced they read this out to you and you answered then and there (it was part of the interview) and it was explained to me that the answers would correspond to points (i.e. A=4, B=1, C=3, D=2) and you needed whatever amount to pass.

Talking to my friend (who is line manager) as far as she is aware they change 'what they are looking for' quite constantly - so it's not the fact that "you are not what they are looking for"... it's just that you didn't guess the right answers!! Lol!

-x-
Reply 82
It's a personality test - most likely that the recruitment manager at a store will enter the profile of the person they're looking for to fit thevacancy and the screening questionnaire will be adapted to this and that's why the "answers" change.
Reply 83
Was just wondering whether anyone knew what the period is for handing in your notice at M&S? Is it less than 4 weeks? Does it make a difference for a temping job? Thanks guys. :smile:
Reply 84
hi,

This question was mentioned earlier, what kind of things can you say for this type of question.

"tell me an example of when you have shown initiative".

thanks
Katy1986, i think it's 4 weeks! I was just asked when i was leaving (as i was going to Uni) so not too sure...

-x-
I've just attempted to apply online but I'm not sure whether the application was sent or not. How can I tell?
if your successful online they give you a reference number to apply to stores
rico dan man
if your successful online they give you a reference number to apply to stores

When exactly? Because I clicked on the save and continue button after that random test and then it took me to the terms and conditions thing and then I pressed submit but then all it said was that I'd already sent the questions once. I was mighty confused.
I think you get send an-email...

-x-
Reply 90
anyone else got timing hours in the evening up to 11'oclock? I was pretty surprised at this-probably the worst hours but at least i got a job :biggrin:
In my 2nd interview for M&S i answered the questions again, then the second woman i spoke to said i needn't have. luckly i didnt have to do role play or speak to any customers like i did the 1st time round because i hated that, i choose my hours the same day, the whole process took exactly an hour.

4 weeks notice, luckily my contract finishes before i go uni because i was going to give them a week...what a pickle i would have been in :eek:
i start my training on monday. grrrrr i hate the fact you get paid on the 3rd tuesday im literally going to have to walk to work for the 1st 2 weeks :mad:
Training's fun... Just watch for the excellent 'acting' in the videos!!

-x-
baby_emmy
Training's fun... Just watch for the excellent 'acting' in the videos!!

-x-

:rofl: especially the 'how to act around disabled people one', the stealing from work video really scared me though..not that i planned on stealing or anything :redface:
my training video had suttin about a girl her parents and boyfriend all planning to steal from m and s
Reply 95
hey guys i was wondering if you can help me i cant find the link online for the personality test one of the store locaters link isnt working so could anyone possibly post the link for the first step to applying thanks
rico dan man
my training video had suttin about a girl her parents and boyfriend all planning to steal from m and s

Lol!! That one was well strange!! Did anyone see the 'what to do if there is bomb'?... Now that was random!

Mango101 - i just tried getting on and it didn't work for me either, so might just be updating!

-x-
Reply 97
^^ thanks baby_emmy
Am I right in thinking there would be no point in me trying to apply online with a different email address? I never heard anything from the first attempt with my first email address, I think it timed out when I tried to send it. Grrr!

Failing that, is there any way of applying instore?
As far as i'm aware, unfortuantly not, they just give you a card to tell you to go online or the phone. I think the phone questions are easier BUT it does cost a lot!! You can use diff e-mail addresses, bit random you didn't get an e-mail back!

-x-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending