The Student Room Group

Is it essential to do four A levels in order to get an offer from Imperial College?

Does any one know if it is essential for me to do 4 A levels in order to have a good chance of getting an offer from imperial? If I do four my offer will be AAAB. I mean do I still have a good chance of getting an offer If only offer AAA. It would be great if any current students can answer my question or anyone who knows the answer. Thank you
Original post by Asad96
Does any one know if it is essential for me to do 4 A levels in order to have a good chance of getting an offer from imperial? If I do four my offer will be AAAB. I mean do I still have a good chance of getting an offer If only offer AAA. It would be great if any current students can answer my question or anyone who knows the answer. Thank you

I'm 99% sure the answer is no. When I was in your position a couple of years ago I rang many medical schools to ask them that, including for example Cambridge, and they all said to me via telephone it puts you at no advantage taking 4 A-levels; they ask for 3.

As things do change though from year to year I would recommend ringing them up just to make sure. :smile:
No, so long as you have three, relevant A-level subjects, and three A's at AS, which you have, you will be fine :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Asad96

In terms of full A-level, no. You only need 3 A-Levels for most medical school including Imperial. However, you do need an AS level at least at B grade so overall you need 3 A-level and an AS Level to be given an offer by Imperial.
Reply 4
Thank you for your answers. I emailed imperial and they said it puts me at no advantage doing four rather than 3 A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending