The Student Room Group

Anyone applying to Earth Science/Geology?

Just want to see who's applying since it's not a popular course.

Scroll to see replies

I’m in y13 and have applied to do Geology/Earth science at Edinburgh, Leeds (offer received), Newcastle, Leicester and Nottingham Trent. It’s not very popular but I think it makes it easier to get into :wink:
In year 13, applied to Glasgow, Liverpool, Southampton, Exeter and Birmingham. My predicted grades are a bit weird with A*AC but its not a popular course so should be aight.
Year 13, cardiff, bristol, exeter, southampton and keele
Anyone here apply to Imperial?
Reply 5
Original post by a.naik_05
Anyone here apply to Imperial?

Yh for Earth and Planetary Sciences. Had my interview last week (I think they tend to do them in batches between now and Feb)
Reply 6
Applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Bristol, Leeds. Received offers for the last 2 and interviewed at imperial last week.

Nice to see some fellow geology applicants for once
Hey! I hope you receive some good news soon!!
I was wondering what the interview was like? I have mine this week, and I’m not sure whether to expect a lot of questions to do with my A Level courses? I’ve heard they mainly focus on your personal statement, but I don’t want to be caught off guard so should I go through everything in my A Level subjects again?
Reply 8
Congratulations! I'm applying to imperial and literally haven't heard anything from them, so major anxiety there for me. Which oxford colleges are you applying to and have you heard anthing from them yet?
Reply 9
Original post by VC6325029
Congratulations! I'm applying to imperial and literally haven't heard anything from them, so major anxiety there for me. Which oxford colleges are you applying to and have you heard anything from them yet?

St Anne's, and no (most ppl will likely hear back around the 25th)
A few interview invites have come out for St Edmund Hall though
Reply 10
Original post by spearbseolar
I was wondering what the interview was like? I have mine this week, and I’m not sure whether to expect a lot of questions to do with my A Level courses? I’ve heard they mainly focus on your personal statement, but I don’t want to be caught off guard so should I go through everything in my A Level subjects again?

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Hope the interview went well. Mine was pretty chill, mainly personal statement based with no technical questions
Reply 11
Original post by ScarletAH
I’m in y13 and have applied to do Geology/Earth science at Edinburgh, Leeds (offer received), Newcastle, Leicester and Nottingham Trent. It’s not very popular but I think it makes it easier to get into :wink:

omg i'm literally applying to the same unis u are apart from nottingham how wild
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey, has anyone who had their interview with imperial last week heard anything yet? They said 3-4 weeks wait and idk if my patience can last that long! :redface:
Just applied to Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton, Leicester and Royal Holloway.
Original post by SParsons22
Just applied to Bristol, Cardiff, Southampton, Leicester and Royal Holloway.

what's your first choice? im applying to very similar
Original post by Jake9920
what's your first choice? im applying to very similar

Bristol as they're world-known for volcanology and paleontology; the topics I'm very interested in. Next would be Cardiff because I loved the campus and city had everything you needed. I haven't been to Leicester or Royal Holloway in person but attending virtual open days in a couple weeks to see where they fit in my rankings.
Original post by SParsons22
Bristol as they're world-known for volcanology and paleontology; the topics I'm very interested in. Next would be Cardiff because I loved the campus and city had everything you needed. I haven't been to Leicester or Royal Holloway in person but attending virtual open days in a couple weeks to see where they fit in my rankings.

My top would be exeter but I'm from wales it's too far for me, so it's bristol first choice, cardiff second and then leicester with keele insurance.
Reply 17
Anyone here got an oxford interview? I've got mine next week and I'm struggling in terms of what/how to prepare
Original post by spearbseolar

How did it go? I have mine next week... What kind of questions did they ask about your personal statement?
(edited 1 year ago)
How did it go? I have mine next week... Were there any technical questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending