The Student Room Group

Does unflavoured myprotein whey taste ok?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by pinda.college
Please tell me that you don't eat raw eggs?

I don't make a habit of it!
Reply 41
It tastes like puke. When I had it I mixed it in a plastic pint glass with a fork. So many chunks...
Original post by L. Serafy
I don't make a habit of it!

Regardless of the taste, cooked eggs have a higher level of bio-available protein than raw.
Reply 43
Original post by HFerguson
it was a joke guys...

it was only a joke guys, honest!
Reply 44
ive mostly had unflavoured. most of them taste bad so i add a little nestle milkshake powder
Yeah it's true. I tasted Impact Whey Protein today for the first time and it doesn't taste horrible. It's not good but neither bad. It's like neutral. Only at the end, when you swallow, it leaves you a lecitine taste in your mouth which I kind of fancy. In my opinion, I would prefer to drink this unflavoured shake than consuming nutritional yeast flakes, which is really healthy but with has a vomitable taste! :biggrin:
Reply 46
Original post by Healthyboy
Yeah it's true. I tasted Impact Whey Protein today for the first time and it doesn't taste horrible. It's not good but neither bad. It's like neutral. Only at the end, when you swallow, it leaves you a lecitine taste in your mouth which I kind of fancy. In my opinion, I would prefer to drink this unflavoured shake than consuming nutritional yeast flakes, which is really healthy but with has a vomitable taste! :biggrin:

Can you bring Einstein back to life......If not stop bumping old threads.
Original post by Healthyboy

Seeing how it's now alive though and the topic is still relevant... I use this stuff all the time and it's decent tbf. Doesn't really taste of much but at least you won't get sick of the taste of it that way. Cheapest form of protein you can get by a mile as well, and sometimes when I've finished cooking a meal with sauce I sometimes sprinkle a little of the powder into the sauce and mix it if it's something that could do with a bit of extra creaminess.
First three bags of the stuff tasted awful. The newest bag I got a few days ago actually tastes/smells okay? I mix mine with a tiny amount of hot chocolate powder just to take the bad taste away.
Personally I found myprotein way, way too sweet, to the point of being sickly. I only ever ordered Vanilla after that.

I tried plain and it was ok. You could always sweeten/flavor it to a level your happy with yourself.
I'm pretty sure the flavour pouches have been released since this thread started so just use those.
Strawberry cream is the best flavour in my honest opinion! I wouldnt bother with any other flavour
I drank 5kg of unflavoured over 8ish months. Stuff gets damn boring

Been drinking Strawberry's and cream since May... It's sickly and boring

There's a reason I hardly drink any. Gf has protein mousse and hot chocolate.. They're alright, but I rarely need to have one
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
If you intend to use it with something else it's fine, otherwise it will get your gag reflex going after a few days.

I use unflavoured in a Nutribullet with a banana and oats in the morning, but flavoured (usually banana, strawberry or chocolate) for post workout or when used alone.

If you've bought it there's loads you can do to help the taste, get another flavoured bag and mix the two in your shaker? Alternatively, add honey, Nesquik, blend with bananas or other fruits or even use it in your cereal.

Although, my aim isn't to get lean. I'm a Power lifter, so i eat anything and everything.

p.s I would never buy MyProtein Casein. The texture and flavour are horrible and the amount of froth it produces with water make for a lot of waste (I know froth is a sign of a more quality protein, but one doesn't have time to wait for froth to settle) - opt for Optimum Nutrition Casein Instead!
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah it's fine. I only drink it with milk though so I can't say about water :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Do not order from myprotein.com!

They are the most untrustworthy company I have ever seen.

They make bad reviews of them deleted from websites, and delete orders and even complete client profiles with no reason. Their customer support is also sucks.
I do not know what has happened to this company recently but it is not the same as it used to be.
I too tried it with water the taste was terrible Let's see with milk . Did You tried with milk.If you did you can help me a lot by just telling the experience

Quick Reply

Latest