The Student Room Group

Do medical schools ask your sexual orientation?

Hello there, this is a serious question so please don't joke around or be rude. I was wondering whether medical schools ask you your sexual orientation meaning whether your gay/lesbian as part of their application process and if that also impacts your chance of getting an offer.:confused:
why would they? what purpose would it serve?
Reply 2
They won't care what you do with your willy unless it involves patients or animals.
Reply 3
Well, they're not allowed to discriminate based on your sexual orientation. usually universities only ask stuff like that when you're getting registered, if they ask it at all.
Reply 4
Original post by bossun
Hello there, this is a serious question so please don't joke around or be rude. I was wondering whether medical schools ask you your sexual orientation meaning whether your gay/lesbian as part of their application process and if that also impacts your chance of getting an offer.:confused:

What makes you think it would?
Reply 5
Yes, my black lesbian friend can vouch for this. She was recently accepted into med school.
Reply 6
Oh Okay, I just thought they do that because a Cardiologist Spokesman came to our school to talk about application process. He said now they accept an equal percentage of applications. Like they will have an equal amount of female medical applications and equal amount of black/asian/white percentage of those who applied and got accepted.

I could not ask this awkward question, that's why i was wondering if you're gay/lesbian they might accept you to bridge in that equality thing? I know that sounds silly and its Mainly based on individual merits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending