The Student Room Group

Health foundation year medicine at Keele

Has anyone done this course before? How hard was it to achieve 70% in all the modules?
Reply 1
hey, I am also interested in keele foundation medicine for 2014.. can any one tell us something about it? is it hard to get accepted in foundation year?
ive applied for this year....... im hoping I get in:frown: what are your ukcat scores??
Reply 3
Original post by hayleyjones588
ive applied for this year....... im hoping I get in:frown: what are your ukcat scores??

I decided on going to keele about month ago and before that my other foundation courses didn't require the UKCAT . Anyway i got a quite low score how was yours? I heard keele don't really use theukcat.
Also what are your predicted grades?
I got a 2200 in total so mine was really low but ive also heard that keele don't consider the ukcat to be vital. I did the access to health/medicine last year so I haven't done any A levels but I achieved full credits at distinction so it works out at 19 distinctions all together. Im really hoping they consider me. What grades do you have???
I got band 1 in the ukcat also sorry, I forgot to mention that bit :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by hayleyjones588
I got a 2200 in total so mine was really low but ive also heard that keele don't consider the ukcat to be vital. I did the access to health/medicine last year so I haven't done any A levels but I achieved full credits at distinction so it works out at 19 distinctions all together. Im really hoping they consider me. What grades do you have???

your UKCAT score is still higher than mine :frown: and I am predicted Dist* Dist* A* A.
dya mind if I ask hat score you got? what band did you reach?
Reply 8
Hi all,

I've applied for the foundation year entry for 2014. Has anyone heard anything yet?

:smile:
Just wondering how do you become eligible to apply? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James30751
Hi all,

I've applied for the foundation year entry for 2014. Has anyone heard anything yet?

:smile:

Not heard anything yet :frown: ticking time bomb :frown: and I went through higher education to become eligible so I suppose it depends which stage you're at?? Are you at school? Mature student?
Reply 11
When I visited a Keele open day the admissions tutors for the Health foundation year said they don't look at applications until the January deadline
So has anyone here been accepted into the foundation hear at keele?
Reply 13
In the health foundation year to keele, does anyone know how these modules are assessed, are they modular or linear.
There are modules such as physical chem, organic chem, 2 biology modules, IT, comms, personal development and learning skills. You need 70%+ in all modules with a satisfactory for personal development. Modules run either semester or both. The science ones run per semester and the non science run into both semesters. There is also a compulsory health module which can be chosen from one of 4 options.
Reply 15
thank you for that, do you know the names of the modules
(edited 9 years ago)
They are anatomy, counselling, body mechanics and one related to working with and understanding the life of blind people.
Reply 17
The modules that are taken, is it hard to get 70% on all of them and also say I didn't get 70% on one of the modules, is retake an option.
Reply 18
just wanted to know, how exactly does UCKAT work, say i wanted to apply to keele uni for the health foundation year to medicine, but they want UKCAT, how do i do the test and where do i do it, also what is a good score on these tests to get accepted to keele

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending