The Student Room Group

Wet carpet?!

Basically, I was trying to do washing, but the washing machine broke, which left my clothes dripping wet, all the dryers were being used so I tried to dry my clothes in my room with a clothes horse. Now my room smells slightly damp, anything I can do to get rid of it? :smile:
Original post by G4ostbust3r
Basically, I was trying to do washing, but the washing machine broke, which left my clothes dripping wet, all the dryers were being used so I tried to dry my clothes in my room with a clothes horse. Now my room smells slightly damp, anything I can do to get rid of it? :smile:

Well first you need to open your window and get an airflow through to make sure everything dries out completely, or you'll get a damp, musty smell over a period of time from mould under the carpet. Secondly, try using the extractor fan in the bathroom (if you have an en suite) to draw out the moist air, and if not then use an air freshener for a while, such as oust, or febreeze. Only thing I would say is people might wonder what you've been doing in there that you need to cover up the smell of if they smell the air freshener! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending