The Student Room Group

Can't find physiotherapy work experience

Hi.

I've been looking everywhere for work experience to shadow a physiotherapist and I can't find it anywhere. Most university prospectuses say work experience is mandatory but no one is offering it. The only one I can get is for October next year but by then I will have given in my personal statement (I am currently in Year 12).

WHAT DO I DO??
It's a very people orientated job, so perhaps volunteering in hospitals or a carehome might be beneficial.

Another option is to look beyond your geographic area and see if you can stay with friends / family / book a B&B. Ask both private and NHS physio departments.
Reply 2
Have you got a care home for people with disabilities near you? I did some work experience at a residential home for disabled adults, and they had a physio that came in a couple of times a week, and depending on the place they might let you sneak in to a few sessions? Care homes for older people might have similar things aswell.
Look for anything health or care related - care-homes, special school, sports injury clinic, child health centre, or volunteer for St Johns Ambulance or Red Cross first aid stuff - anything that will give you experience/evidence of 'caring for people'.

Try asking for volunteer work rather than 'work experience' or 'shadowing' as this will get something more meaningful and more long term than just odd days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending