The Student Room Group

UCAS 2014: Decisions Discussion Thread

This is the thread where you can discuss those decisions (but if you want to reflect on your Track Addiction the thread to go for is here).

Please, please, PLEASE
remember that there's no hurry to make your firm and insurance choices. You will not miss out on accommodation or anything else by taking your time to make those choices - the earliest you have to do so is May, so don't become one of those people posting in June to say that they made their firm and insurance choices in February and now wish they hadn't.

Reasons to wait:

you may find in March that those resits went better or worse than you expected

you may decide that you'd rather start again through Extra, and it can be difficult to do this if you have accepted a firm or insurance choice

you need to give yourself time to visit the unis you are considering to make sure they really are for you

Remember that the search function exists for a reason :tongue: and also that user profiles can be informative, if you are keen to know what grades/subjects an offer holder had.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought I would start a thread for offers for 2014 courses...

Where from? What course? What grades? What are your predicted grades?
Reply 2
I had an offer from Sheffield yesterday for Politics!
AAB and my predicted grades are AAAB :smile:
Reply 3
Not me personally but a friends have had:

Reading
Classics
AAB
But predicted A*A*A*

Cardiff
English
AAB
Predicted A*AA

Sheffield
Biomed
AAA
Predicted A*AA

Bath
Maths with Economics
A*AA
Predicted A*A*A
Reply 4
Just had my first offer from Keele! So happy!
I'm predicted AAA and I already have a D, but the offer is BBB (it's my lower/insurance choice)
Reply 5
I got an offer from Southampton, ABB/BBB+A in EPQ, predicted AAA.

Waiting on Bristol, Bath, Birmingham and Exeter now!

Apparently Bristol are meant to reply quite fast? Anyone know if this is true?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I got an offer from Hertfordshire for BCC, I'm predicted AAA+B in the EPQ. My main choice is Surrey which I've applied for two different courses, anyone know how long I'll be waiting to get a reply/offer?
Reply 7
I have offer from Portsmouth, Forensic Computing, I need a pass in my NVQ Lvl 3 IT User and thats what im predicted. Still waiting to hear back from UWE, Solent, Canterbury and Glamorgan (South Wales)
Reply 8
Do we get given EPQ predicted grades and if so do they go on our application? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by jtc4444

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh Bristol seem to be replying quickly, I have about 3 friends who have already got Bristol offers. Birmingham has also started giving offers but this is for physics which I know they do much faster than any of the other departments.
I have applied to: Portsmouth, Bournemouth, South Wales, Gloucestershire & Southampton.
Predicted: AAB
I only have 1 offer back, from Portsmouth so far, received it after only 3 days of submitting my UCAS application!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Abbseh
Do we get given EPQ predicted grades and if so do they go on our application? :smile:

My school give us predicted grades based on what we've done of our log books so far (not the actual project, just the proposal stages) and this was entered on my application. I believe the school gets a drop-down menu of grades for each qualification you've listed as pending to declare your predictions, so as you will've entered the EPQ as a pending qualification they will be able to predict for it.
I've not heard back from any Uni's yet, applied for English Lit at St Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Keele and Lancaster :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by knope
My school give us predicted grades based on what we've done of our log books so far (not the actual project, just the proposal stages) and this was entered on my application. I believe the school gets a drop-down menu of grades for each qualification you've listed as pending to declare your predictions, so as you will've entered the EPQ as a pending qualification they will be able to predict for it.

Oh okay, that makes sense. I'll need to talk to my supervisor then to see what he thinks I'm at for personal reference :smile:
Reply 14
Applied for Computer Science to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Southampton, Manchester over 2 weeks ago. Still nothing :/
Reply 15
Original post by TSR561
Applied for Computer Science to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Southampton, Manchester over 2 weeks ago. Still nothing :/
Don't worry, I have also applied for some Computer Science courses, but neither have I received an offer from any of the corresponding universities :wink:

I hope that's gonna change :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Lyko
Don't worry, I have also applied for some Computer Science courses, but neither have I received an offer from any of the corresponding universities :wink:

I hope that's gonna change :biggrin:

Haha yeah, I'm not too bothered just yet. Maybe if I get nothing after a couple of months...

Which unis have you applied to?
Original post by jtc4444

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend got offer from Bristol last week. Maybe you will receive soon.
Reply 18
Original post by TSR561
Which unis have you applied to?

I have applied to Oxford, Imperial, UCL, Birmingham and Southampton :smile:.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HFavager123
I had an offer from Sheffield yesterday for Politics!
AAB and my predicted grades are AAAB :smile:

I'm applying for Sheffield, well for a different course. Well done, when did your application get forwarded? I'm waiting for my track letter with my login on, hope I get an offer - it looks lovely! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending