The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Should I email Imperial's admissions team about my application?

Hi,

I had sent my UCAS application on 4th October applying for Computer Science at Imperial and took the online admissions test on the first week of November.

I had still not received any updates of any interview or any rejection since that time in which I am now wondering if I should contact Imperial Admissions or should I keep waiting? Or do I assume that I had been rejected?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mellow2006
Hi,
I had sent my UCAS application on 4th October applying for Computer Science at Imperial and took the online admissions test on the first week of November.
I had still not received any updates of any interview or any rejection since that time in which I am now wondering if I should contact Imperial Admissions or should I keep waiting? Or do I assume that I had been rejected?
Same here... It ain't over until it's over, but I am expecting a negative UCAS update by the end of the month
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by mellow2006
Hi,
I'm in the same boat, not to sound full of myself but I was definitely expecting an interview. I know of someone else too, We both have 4 A* predicted and both had good enough applications as we both got cambridge interviews and I doubt we messed up the admissions test so I'm really unsure as to why we have'nt heard anything.

My school's even asked for people to sign up for STEP, so I'm emailing them right now and asking wether I can stil expect an interview/offer or if i've been rejected. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.

If you or anyone reading this or has emailed them or knows anything that could be helpful I would appreciate anything at this point.
Reply 3
Original post by sonionIV
I'm in the same boat, not to sound full of myself but I was definitely expecting an interview. I know of someone else too, We both have 4 A* predicted and both had good enough applications as we both got cambridge interviews and I doubt we messed up the admissions test so I'm really unsure as to why we have'nt heard anything.
My school's even asked for people to sign up for STEP, so I'm emailing them right now and asking wether I can stil expect an interview/offer or if i've been rejected. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.
If you or anyone reading this or has emailed them or knows anything that could be helpful I would appreciate anything at this point.
Any news?
I applied mid January and wrote the test first week of Feb. I haven't heard anything yet (International)
brother unfortunately you are cooked. I know its sad to hear but they wait till the end to send out the rejections
Original post by HaseebAhmad
brother unfortunately you are cooked. I know its sad to hear but they wait till the end to send out the rejections
This is true - and we are entering into that part of March when rejections are sent out.
Apparently in some thread, there’s some delay with UCAS so decisions are sent till April, maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’ve heard.
Original post by SnowyPanda
Apparently in some thread, there’s some delay with UCAS so decisions are sent till April, maybe I’m wrong but that’s what I’ve heard.
Can you post a link to the thread? thanks
It’s on the thread ‘Imperial CS interviews on the 28th Feb’. If u search it up, it should be there. Or if u want, u can email imperial cs admissions urself tos we what’s going on really
Original post by SnowyPanda
It’s on the thread ‘Imperial CS interviews on the 28th Feb’. If u search it up, it should be there. Or if u want, u can email imperial cs admissions urself tos we what’s going on really
Thanks will look up the thread
Universities have until May to send decisions. Until you get a decision, you're still in the running.

There's no point contacting them for an update on your application as they won't give you any specific information (and can't).
I've heard they've done all the 6 rounds of interviews. I have not been invited to one, so I suppose they are just waiting to send rejections out :-(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending