The Student Room Group

Sheffield Dentistry Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by has87
i called them up just now and they said if you havent received the email from us that means your application has been unsuccessful and we will hear officially in feb/march :/

That's just silly. Why is everybody hearing different things! Looks like we've been rejected then. Ah well Atleast we know

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rang today too just to double check, seeing as people were getting told different things, and she said that all the emails of successful applicants were given out on Friday.

But I'm sure most of you have heard from elsewhere (and there are a few cheeky ones wanting all 4 interviews - which tbh isn't really the goal here)
So it's not all bad! :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by #FutureDentist
I rang today too just to double check, seeing as people were getting told different things, and she said that all the emails of successful applicants were given out on Friday.

But I'm sure most of you have heard from elsewhere (and there are a few cheeky ones wanting all 4 interviews - which tbh isn't really the goal here)
So it's not all bad! :smile:

I just have one interview, all other 3 rejections.... very scared now as its my only chance (birmingham) and i am a re-applicant too... hope my nerves dont kick in as my only chance to get into dental school will be my first ever interview ... but ofcourse i am thankful to have even got an interview, but there's a lot of pressure on me now.
Reply 83
How many interviews are there and how many offers are given? People are saying 180 interviews and 130 offers! Is this true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by has87
I just have one interview, all other 3 rejections.... very scared now as its my only chance (birmingham) and i am a re-applicant too... hope my nerves dont kick in as my only chance to get into dental school will be my first ever interview ... but ofcourse i am thankful to have even got an interview, but there's a lot of pressure on me now.

i totally get how you feel! im a reapplicant too and i dont know what ill do if i dont get in this year
Reply 85
Original post by zahra244
i totally get how you feel! im a reapplicant too and i dont know what ill do if i dont get in this year

I'm a reapplicant too! This sucks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I wonder what's an appropriate thing to take to show manual dexterity. I make papercraft models but they are very squishable so I can't take them. I play violin but it's a pain to bring and I doubt that the interviewers will have time for even a very short performance. I hope they will let me show them photos/videos :/

Original post by #FutureDentist

Of course the (intermediate) goal is as many interviews as possible :wink: Because the ultimate goal is an offer and offers only come with interviews so another interview is another shot at an offer.
Original post by Lanfan
I wonder what's an appropriate thing to take to show manual dexterity. I make papercraft models but they are very squishable so I can't take them. I play violin but it's a pain to bring and I doubt that the interviewers will have time for even a very short performance. I hope they will let me show them photos/videos :/

Of course the (intermediate) goal is as many interviews as possible :wink: Because the ultimate goal is an offer and offers only come with interviews so another interview is another shot at an offer.

I think photos are a good idea, maybe take photos or videos of your models :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
yeah i think hope is lost for us sheffield applicants without an email :frown:
but well done to those who did receive an email :smile:
and best of luck :biggrin:

I'm on my second gap year and it's the first time I'm getting any interviews soo don't worry if you don't get in straight away or after one gap year. Good luck! If you need any advice you can inbox me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Original post by professorsully
I'm on my second gap year and it's the first time I'm getting any interviews soo don't worry if you don't get in straight away or after one gap year. Good luck! If you need any advice you can inbox me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats dedication! the fact that you are reapplying again just shows how much you want it and the interviewers will be able to see that. thanks, you too!
Reply 91
I got an interview for sheffield last friday too :smile: sorry to all you who didn't get one, out of my four I got two rejections and two interviews. You win some you lose some but never give up hope guys! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92

where have you applied to?
Still haven't heard anything. Keeping the faith until the end of jan, really want Sheffield as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by has87
where have you applied to?

i applied to dundee (pre-int rejection) and got interviews for newcastle and sheffield. just hope my nerves dont get the best of me! how about you?
Has anyone had a rejection yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hamzahhussain
Has anyone had a rejection yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope nothing. None of my friends have got one either that applied
Reply 97
Does anyone know how many interviews awere given out and number of applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Ok guys. So I rung up sheffield and basically they said that interviews were sent out approx 2 weeks ago. So if you havent heard by now then most likely it is a rejection. They will update ucas round about march time..

So thats ine less thing to worry about now!!

Gud luk to thos with interviews and those who are still waiting! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Apparently the Sheff interview is really chilled out. I can't wait until my interview!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest