The Student Room Group

Boxers or briefs ? Blokes only please

Scroll to see replies

I wear boxers, but briefs look cool too.

Original post by ermm
sooooooo gassed.

Innit
Worn all sorts but now I almost always wear briefs. SO much more comfortable.
Multipack Primark Boxers - what is there to lose? Good quality comfort, and cheap. All Calvin Klein is to me, is a named and popular brand. That's all.
Why not both? Boxer briefs. Although it may be worth shopping around. I'm not sure about other people but I had to because others weren't a good fit for me.

Original post by jamesey_
CK boxers are the best, costs a small fortune to get enough though

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. The ones I own were bought on offer and they still weren't cheap but they were worth it... I think.

Low rise trunks are the way to go though. I wouldn't buy any other type they sell. On that note, House of Fraser have an offer on right now. I'm half tempted to buy some but I've seen a similar offer before by them so I think it's pretty safe to say that they'll have it again. http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Calvin+Klein+3+pack+low+rise+underwear+trunks/140511107,default,pd.html
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Multipack Primark Boxers - what is there to lose? Good quality comfort, and cheap. All Calvin Klein is to me, is a named and popular brand. That's all.

They are higher quality though and more comfortable but I can't say I blame you.

Original post by Little Wolf Taima
*sneaks in*

My b/f has a 9 inch penis and his boxers seem totally pointless, he pretty much always has a boner around me and they literally become a tent or he pokes out from one of the legs of the boxers. Because of the length, briefs would kind of just strap his dick to one leg... Any suggestions???! He sometimes gets irritation from trousers and boners in then are just so obvious it's comical but publicly inappropriate >_>

There are a few brands out there for more well endowed men but obviously he'd have to try them out. Calvin Klein are pretty good from personal experience. I definitely noticed the difference in comparison to H&M underwear. they have elasticated leg holes so he shouldn't slip out of them. I haven't and I used to slip out fairly regularly.

The problem with men's underwear(ok, perhaps boxer briefs. I haven't owned anything else for years) is a little like with bras but worse. The legs and waistband are fine because you buy in your size according to your waist and legs, however it seems to me generally speaking that either not much consideration is given for more well endowed men or they cater towards more average men. Allowing for average flaccid size plus some stretch when erect. This obviously causes problems with guys who fall outside the average flaccid size. Erect size is a bit of a wildcard because each guy grows in size more or less than another. There are guys out there who are as big flaccid as the average guy is erect. Which clearly is very problematic.

Unfortunately there may not be a whole lot that can be done about his tenting problem. It's up to him to try to find trousers which disguise it as no matter what you do I doubt boxers are capable of solving that problem alone. I'm very oblivious so I can't give any personal advice as I can't tell what people can see when I get excited or even when I'm not. Hence I haven't tried to disguise it.

Also, I believe you mean [9 inches] erect. I know you said he's hard a lot but there's a difference. Drop me a PM and I'll pass on a link for your boyfriend which he might find useful. I would post it here but you get so much flak from people who are jealous of well endowed men, or don't believe the veracity of what some people claim.

Original post by Bassetts
oh dear, penis stats on the internet again :rolleyes: :sigh:

why do we want to know he always has a boner? :lolwut: why do we care?

It's relevant? I mean I think it would have sufficed her to say that he's very well endowed but either way his size and erectile state still come into play.

His problem is the erection, not the penis. Is he 14 years old still? Constant erections is what I would expect from a teenager just starting puberty.

Elaborate. I wouldn't agree and I can say this with some experience. As a shower even flaccid causes problems so if that's not the problem what is?

I'm 23 and I still have a high sex drive. Just because most men may have experienced a reduction in "constant erections" doesn't mean all men do.
(edited 10 years ago)
His problem is the erection, not the penis. Is he 14 years old still? Constant erections is what I would expect from a teenager just starting puberty.

Even when it's soft it still just dangles out of one pant leg lol, it looks silly and does mean little protecting from chafing etc against the inside of trousers. He's 25, but we're long distance so not much sex when apart, but if I'm there I will be trying to pull said trousers off several times a day.

I hate sounding superficial but aside from his discomfort I think the flappy boxers which don't even keep his penis in look silly... They're old and boring. Hennever buys new cothes so they all have holes in/stains/tatty etc. I have a large collection of pretty lingerie/corsetry etc but then he just has these really old things... I'd love to buy him some new undies, because I love him and I love undies! But I don't know what I'm doing tbh. The same way I couldn't ask him to go get me something in Anne Summers and expect it to fit/suit me.

Original post by Icycandle
Be honest. You're the one who really wants to buy a decent pair of boxers aren't you? :colone:

Actually I have worn boxers/briefs as shorts plenty of times. As pajamas, as shorts (I was wearing tights and a jumper dress when the tights got a big rip in them) and have worn some of the colourful Primark ones (Sesame Street/Marvel comics etc) as shorts too...

But no, Christmas is coming and I really need to sort his undies out.
Reply 26
Original post by alexs2602
They are higher quality though and more comfortable but I can't say I blame you.

There are a few brands out there for more well endowed men but obviously he'd have to try them out. Calvin Klein are pretty good from personal experience. I definitely noticed the difference in comparison to H&M underwear. they have elasticated leg holes so he shouldn't slip out of them. I haven't and I used to slip out fairly regularly.

The problem with men's underwear(ok, perhaps boxer briefs. I haven't owned anything else for years) is a little like with bras but worse. The legs and waistband are fine because you buy in your size according to your waist and legs, however it seems to me generally speaking that either not much consideration is given for more well endowed men or they cater towards more average men. Allowing for average flaccid size plus some stretch when erect. This obviously causes problems with guys who fall outside the average flaccid size. Erect size is a bit of a wildcard because each guy grows in size more or less than another. There are guys out there who are as big flaccid as the average guy is erect. Which clearly is very problematic.

Unfortunately there may not be a whole lot that can be done about his tenting problem. It's up to him to try to find trousers which disguise it as no matter what you do I doubt boxers are capable of solving that problem alone. I'm very oblivious so I can't give any personal advice as I can't tell what people can see when I get excited or even when I'm not. Hence I haven't tried to disguise it.

Also, I believe you mean [9 inches] erect. I know you said he's hard a lot but there's a difference. Drop me a PM and I'll pass on a link for your boyfriend which he might find useful. I would post it here but you get so much flak from people who are jealous of well endowed men, or don't believe the veracity of what some people claim.

It's relevant? I mean I think it would have sufficed her to say that he's very well endowed but either way his size and erectile state still come into play.

Elaborate. I wouldn't agree and I can say this with some experience. As a shower even flaccid causes problems so if that's not the problem what is?

I'm 23 and I still have a high sex drive. Just because most men may have experienced a reduction in "constant erections" doesn't mean all men do.
I'm 23 too. I hardly ever get erections these days. I used to get them almost all the time in the shower but never anymore. I used to get them a lot when I woke up but not anymore. I used to get them during morning lectures and classes but not anymore. In general I hardly ever get them anymore and my sex drive is very low. Not sure why because I'm a virgin.

He should buy bigger boxers and trousers in general. If they fit loosely elsewhere, tough. My thighs fit tight in many trousers but loose at the waist but you don't see me complaining.

Sorry I just saw this after replying to the others.

Thanks for a mature and informative post! H and M sounds like a less pricey bet than Calvin Klein but I will check both of them out. I hope I don't sound like an interfering girlfriend for wanting to sort this out but I'm doing it out of love... You guys would say something if your girlfriend had a REALLY ill-fitting bra- right?

He's still a good 7 inches or so flaccid. Swinging everywhere.. Caught his foreskin in his zipper a few times. Ouch. I'll PM you in a bit, thanks for yor help!!!
Reply 28
Boxers
Sorry I just saw this after replying to the others.

Thanks for a mature and informative post! H and M sounds like a less pricey bet than Calvin Klein but I will check both of them out. I hope I don't sound like an interfering girlfriend for wanting to sort this out but I'm doing it out of love... You guys would say something if your girlfriend had a REALLY ill-fitting bra- right?

He's still a good 7 inches or so flaccid. Swinging everywhere.. Caught his foreskin in his zipper a few times. Ouch. I'll PM you in a bit, thanks for yor help!!!

H&M aren't very good, I wouldn't recommend them. I only mentioned them as a point of comparison. Check out a link in one of my previous posts for a decent price on Calvin Kleins. Not cheap but could be worse at a 3 pack for £28.80(£9.60 per pair).

Massive shower. I'm a shower but I'm not that bad fortunately. I can understand why he has such big problems. :getmecoat: Yeah, I've done that before. Thought I might have to do something drastic. I fell asleep in some shorts without underwear on and woke up caught.

You're absolutely right. It is very odd that tighter fitting underwear assumes a one-size-fits-all policy except for the waistband when clearly other items of clothing have to cater for different sizes.

I'm not very well endowed and I fill out most briefs. Fortunately this works for me but I do think larger guys have less options.
Reply 31
wait, whut?

have they got rid of neg rep?
Definately briefs and boxer briefs for me. I hate loose boxers
Reply 33
lol I just love how whenever there's a "guys/blokes only please" kind of thread, the odd couple of ladies just have to post in it :rolleyes:
Boxer briefs - best of both worlds.
Reply 35
*sneaks in*

My b/f has a 9 inch penis and his boxers seem totally pointless, he pretty much always has a boner around me and they literally become a tent or he pokes out from one of the legs of the boxers. Because of the length, briefs would kind of just strap his dick to one leg... Any suggestions???! He sometimes gets irritation from trousers and boners in then are just so obvious it's comical but publicly inappropriate >_>

Proof why we need neg back

Boxer briefs for sure... Boxers always ride up and get very annoying and uncomfortable and briefs give me a constant wedgie I feel like
Because that's the reason it's always poking out of his boxers or propping up his trousers in public. No need to take it as a personal attack on your own penises or anything @_@

Anyway, it is a bit of a running joke but not appropriate. I have no knowledge of the various cuts, styles, fabrics etc of men's underwear and tbh neither does he. Always wear the same really old, loose boxers. So anyone know what is the most comfortable and will keep his penis *INSIDE* his underwear, not waving hello at every passer-by?

Slightly apprehensive at the mention of £19 for one pair of underpants though! Women pay a premium for pretty underwear but don't have to think about comfort and support for their 'package'. :/

No-one cares about your bf's 9 incher.
why isnt commando a choice?I go commando all the way.
I always wore briefs until I was accused of being gay in year 8 PE. 8 years on Ive gone back and they are so much better. I always feel like fiddling about and rearranging in boxers. Having it all secured in one place is more comfortable. I can see why people prefer the boxer look, although I think briefs look better, but other than that I don't see the case for boxers.
Original post by AreebWithaHat
No-one cares about your bf's 9 incher.

I'm asking about the most appropriate underwear to contain that 9 incher.

No one cares about your glaring insecurity.

It was not a personal attack or comparison against the size of your own penis, answer the question and get the **** over yourself. It's like me throwing a hissy fit if you guys asked us how to shop for a bra to fit your g/f's DDs. If we got upset about it it'd be our problem.

Thankfully one of you guys has actually given me some great advice andI'm off to buy the b/f some comfortable, new undies. Sorry if you're jealous.

On another note I think it's horrible that guys who choose to wear briefs are bullie :frown: You are often denied the same right to privacy as women and so subjected to locker room drama...

Quick Reply

Latest