The Student Room Group

How many words/pages should a BTEC engineering project be around?

Hello, I've recently just started BTEC engineering and I'm working on my first assignment. How many words/pages should I be looking at to write to achieve a D?

Also how long should the introduction be?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi,

Achieving a distinction grade in your assignment will not be dependent on how many pages/words written, but the quality of the work and whether you have sufficiently covered all of the points provided in your assignment brief. Some of the assignments I got distinctions in for my BTEC were quite short, others were long, it just depended on how many points there were to cover for that particular assignment.

Also, an introduction should be fairly short.

Good luck with your assignment!

Kind regards,
grey-giraffe
Original post by grey-giraffe
Hi,

Achieving a distinction grade in your assignment will not be dependent on how many pages/words written, but the quality of the work and whether you have sufficiently covered all of the points provided in your assignment brief. Some of the assignments I got distinctions in for my BTEC were quite short, others were long, it just depended on how many points there were to cover for that particular assignment.

Kind regards,
grey-giraffe

Thanks for the reply, although I understand quality>quanitity, is there anywhere to see how long roughly my assignment should be? Like 500 words for every point for example?

I don't want to be that one person in my class whose assignment is a tenth long compared to others.
Original post by Mead_and_Greed
Hello, I've recently just started BTEC engineering and I'm working on my first assignment. How many words/pages should I be looking at to write to achieve a D?

Also how long should the introduction be?

I have never done a BTEC but I have a couple engineering degrees and work in an engineering field.

Typically the more concise the better, enough words to adequately describe the problem, the methodology, results & conclusions but no more then necessary.

Their is nothing worse then reading reports laden with fluff/waffle.
Original post by Mead_and_Greed
Thanks for the reply, although I understand quality>quanitity, is there anywhere to see how long roughly my assignment should be? Like 500 words for every point for example?

I don't want to be that one person in my class whose assignment is a tenth long compared to others.

Unfortunately, there's not really an estimated number for each point as they will be different from assignment to assignment, or even just point to point in the same assignment. Sometimes I'd write 2 to 3 pages to cover one distinction point in the brief, and then only need 2/3 a page to cover the second distinction point for the same assignment. I wouldn't worry about being the person who writes the least; so long as it's well-written, clear and you have covered all the points on the assignment brief it should be fine!

As mnot said, the more concise the better.
Reply 5
Original post by grey-giraffe
Hi,

Kind regards,
grey-giraffe

Can you send me you assignments pictures so I can see how you done them please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending