The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln - 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm applying to do sociology, Hopefully at Lincoln!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 81
Inter business and management
Reply 82
Received an offer for 300 UCAS for Politics :biggrin:
Reply 83
Original post by jones107
ok, so
1. i live in on campus en-suite, and in a 8 man flat (4 boy 4 girl) bust most seem to be 6 person,
the bathroom is very small, but in a way it is somehow helpfully small as in you can shower, go to the toiled and do youre teeth at the same time, if you know what i mean,
the living space is big enough for whatever goes on, film nights, (bring a TV) flat parties etc.... and youre room may seem small at first, but you will find out that you do not need a big room, and you can turn youre bed to make more space :smile:

2. there areall types of people, if you dont like some, there are a few thousand others to talk to, so no worries! :biggrin:
you will meet people you like :smile:

3. if you are doing a biology rlated subject (like me) you get put into one large lecture group and have lectures in the main building, but also had practicals in the SLS (school of life science) building, where they have epic labs and good equipment, and there are very wide ranges of animals you may work with, but i think they may be second year, i am not sure, but the people doing animal physiology have had a fiar few dissections to do, to name two, squid and rat.

4. internet can vary, but, all rooms in courts (on campus) have wired and wireless connections, wired is very good, able to put up with most any games i think, and streaming films from netflix etc, so there is no worry there :biggrin:
it is university accomodation after all, they expect to have very high demand for internet :smile:

5. the weather is actually rather dry compared to where i am from, we have had a fair few very hot days,and this is autumn, coming to winter, but i am told that lincoln is very windy at times, but it does get snow! :biggrin: :biggrin:

6. personally i think the university is a brilliant choice, leading up to it, anyone who has visited, stayed, or studied there all ways seemed to love it, and i see why,
sure some buildings are not as aesthetically pleasing as you may want but it is really worth it! you have mostly everything you need on campus, and the town is about a 5 mins walk away, so you will not go wanting! (maybe financially if you buy the amount of costumes for nights out as us :colondollar: )

so yeah, hope that covers it all, sorry for the late reply, i went home for the first time in a month this weekend, (not homesick at all!) and didn't have a computer :smile:

heyy thanks for the reply it was helpful to anyone how wants to apply , do u know any international students ??
Reply 84
Original post by jamesfancourt
Applying for Biochemistry in 2014! Anyone else doing the same?

Me too :smile:

Where else are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for Psychology at 320 points (on Thursday)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YorkshireLad.
Offer for Psychology at 320 points (on Thursday)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well doneee, is it your first choice? (:
Reply 87
Original post by Laithz
heyy thanks for the reply it was helpful to anyone how wants to apply , do u know any international students ??

thankyou :smile:

i know a fair few, there are no real difference between international and people from Uk really, although you will see the odd group of Asians walking round, but, that may be to go to some events or societies,
all depends really i found on who you are in a halls of residence with, of if you are in them,
as most of my friends are from the same court (building) as me :smile:
Original post by Erikita
Me too :smile:

Where else are you applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applying to Essex, Kent, Nottingham and Portsmouth. What about you?
Original post by MorrisseyForever
Well doneee, is it your first choice? (:

(sorry for the late reply :smile: )

Not at the moment no, but I really do like it, the campus just feels really 'homey' aha!

Is it yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
thankyou :smile:

i know a fair few, there are no real difference between international and people from Uk really, although you will see the odd group of Asians walking round, but, that may be to go to some events or societies,
all depends really i found on who you are in a halls of residence with, of if you are in them,
as most of my friends are from the same court (building) as me :smile:

thanks for the reply , im really happy to hear that because part of the experience of studying abroad is interacting with the locals im from Jordan btw ( if u know were it is :P) what year are u in and what are u studying ?
(sorry for the late reply :smile: )

Not at the moment no, but I really do like it, the campus just feels really 'homey' aha!

Is it yours? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine! Yeah it is mine, hopefully they like me at the interview, which is at the end of the month haha.
That's fine! Yeah it is mine, hopefully they like me at the interview, which is at the end of the month haha.

What have you applied for? Aw good luck - you'll be fine, they will!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Original post by Laithz
thanks for the reply , im really happy to hear that because part of the experience of studying abroad is interacting with the locals im from Jordan btw ( if u know were it is :P) what year are u in and what are u studying ?

its ok:smile:
i used to have a teacher from Jordan :tongue: so i vaguely know :colondollar:
i am in first year at the moment studying biomedical science
What have you applied for? Aw good luck - you'll be fine, they will!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing journalism :smile: Thank you! I'm super excited for it!
I'm doing journalism :smile: Thank you! I'm super excited for it!

Oo, do you always have an interview for journalism?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
its ok:smile:
i used to have a teacher from Jordan :tongue: so i vaguely know :colondollar:
i am in first year at the moment studying biomedical science

im planning to study advertising and marketing im Laith btw its nice to meet u
Oo, do you always have an interview for journalism?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually yes, if they like your application you usually get an interview rather than an offer because journalism is quite competitive. It's a good sign that I've been asked for an interview :biggrin: that being said, Northampton gave me an offer straight away
Usually yes, if they like your application you usually get an interview rather than an offer because journalism is quite competitive. It's a good sign that I've been asked for an interview :biggrin: that being said, Northampton gave me an offer straight away

Hehe well done! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Original post by Laithz
im planning to study advertising and marketing im Laith btw its nice to meet u

you too, i'm james
what are you entry requirements?
and subjects you are doing atm?

Quick Reply

Latest