The Student Room Group

Post a pic of your car

Simple just post a pic of your car and tell us your age.

I would start but...i dont have a car...yet

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dogvan.jpg

lol oj though id love that, I dont have a pic of my actual car but it is basically one of these (see below)

6991a-car-seat-ibiza-1.jpg
not the flashiest car in the world but its reliable, comfortable and I like IT!
Reply 2
Original post by LukeM90
dogvan.jpg

lol oj though id love that, I dont have a pic of my actual car but it is basically one of these (see below)

6991a-car-seat-ibiza-1.jpg
not the flashiest car in the world but its reliable, comfortable and I like IT!

haha i quite like the ibiza but would have it in blue red or white. how old are you and whats insurance like if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by decgreen
haha i quite like the ibiza but would have it in blue red or white. how old are you and whats insurance like if you dont mind me asking?

yeh I really wanted one in the blue they have thats really striking, not sure what colour name or code it is but its a lovely blue.

mines more a gun metal grey or as close as lol

Im 23 atm been driving with a licence since age 17 (makes me feel old lol) my insurance last time was about 500 odd quid for the year (I save up over the year to pay it off in one go) saved me over a hundred than paying monthly, dunno if thats a good cost or not considering I had an accident a few years ago

yeh its a nice car to drive, id say itd make an ideal first car for a new driver (assuming they like the car lol) I just had a choice of that, a ford fiesta, a clio and a new corsa at the time (budget models I guess) and I personally found the Ibiza suited me best, was nicest to drive (imo) and was comfortable

plus it looks really nice inside which I felt the ford and clio lacked dramatically lol
Reply 4
Original post by LukeM90
yeh I really wanted one in the blue they have thats really striking, not sure what colour name or code it is but its a lovely blue.

mines more a gun metal grey or as close as lol

Im 23 atm been driving with a licence since age 17 (makes me feel old lol) my insurance last time was about 500 odd quid for the year (I save up over the year to pay it off in one go) saved me over a hundred than paying monthly, dunno if thats a good cost or not considering I had an accident a few years ago

yeh its a nice car to drive, id say itd make an ideal first car for a new driver (assuming they like the car lol) I just had a choice of that, a ford fiesta, a clio and a new corsa at the time (budget models I guess) and I personally found the Ibiza suited me best, was nicest to drive (imo) and was comfortable

plus it looks really nice inside which I felt the ford and clio lacked dramatically lol

how old is the car
Reply 5
how old is the car

3 years old
Reply 6
My first car at 22, Corsa 1.2 Limited Edition

Had it exactly 4 weeks now & paying for it all by myself (0% finance over 5 years) :biggrin:

car.png
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by thatg

Had it exactly 4 weeks now & paying for it all by myself (0% finance over 5 years) :biggrin:

car.png

wow love the car especially the colour, you got a good deal there! how much is insurance?
Reply 8
wow love the car especially the colour, you got a good deal there! how much is insurance?

£550 for the whole year, that's with one of those boxes installed. Paid it all in one go so i only have to pay for the car monthly.

Will probably change my insurance when it's up for renewal as I'll have 1 years NCB.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thatg

car.png

Lovley! I'm a big fan of the special edition! It always reminds me a little bit of a Bentley Continental Supersports, which I also love.
P031112_11.53.jpg

2012 VW Polo, seen here parked opposite Kings College Chapel in Cambridge.

I'm 18
Reply 12
Original post by SmallDuck
Lovley! I'm a big fan of the special edition! It always reminds me a little bit of a Bentley Continental Supersports, which I also love.

I did go in to get a boring 1.0 litre, but ended up going for it after seeing it in the showroom :biggrin:

Was tempted to get yellow lol
Original post by thatg
I did go in to get a boring 1.0 litre, but ended up going for it after seeing it in the showroom :biggrin:

Was tempted to get yellow lol

Praise the lord you didn't get Yellow.

I managed to crash my mams brand new Audi A1, so now I have to buy my own car. I'm hugely nervous about driving now so instead of buying something nice and flash like i had been planning on I'm just going to get a 2008 Toyota Aygo.

It has 30,000 Miles
Insurance is only 800 (I'm 19)
And it does 60MPG!

Then after 1 year/2 years with it i'm getting a fiesta or polo on finance.
Reply 14
Original post by andrewheide
Praise the lord you didn't get Yellow.

I managed to crash my mams brand new Audi A1, so now I have to buy my own car. I'm hugely nervous about driving now so instead of buying something nice and flash like i had been planning on I'm just going to get a 2008 Toyota Aygo.

It has 30,000 Miles
Insurance is only 800 (I'm 19)
And it does 60MPG!

Then after 1 year/2 years with it i'm getting a fiesta or polo on finance.

Why, they do look good! There was a yellow Adam in the showroom when I went in.

AETV93805153_1b.jpg

Bet that wasn't cheap having you on the insurance on the A1?

Toyota Aygo aren't too bad, nice little car.

Only managed to get my new car as I had my hours upped at work.
Original post by thatg
Why, they do look good! There was a yellow Adam in the showroom when I went in.

AETV93805153_1b.jpg

Bet that wasn't cheap having you on the insurance on the A1?

Toyota Aygo aren't too bad, nice little car.

Only managed to get my new car as I had my hours upped at work.

The yellow ones look quite chavvy, but hey thats just my opinion, if you like it then your entitled to that!

The insurance of the A1 was just for 3 months till i bought myself something nice, now i don't want something nice until I actually learn how to drive. The Aygo will do to learn how to drive in a petrol in and gain experience. I still have money tucked away so I can get something nicer later on in time!

Woop.
There I was expecting to look at some lovely used cars to give me some ideas for my own used car, (maybe worth about 1k) and instead I'm seeing all these flashy ass new cars I would not be expecting the average student to drive :eek:
Reply 17
Just cleaned it and it started raining :frown: I'm 23

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
2002 1.2 VW Polo SE
car1.jpgcar2.jpgcar3.jpg
Original post by FXX
Just cleaned it and it started raining :frown: I'm 23

Is that an r32? Sweet :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending