The Student Room Group

Naming university in personal statement?!

Is it wrong to name a univervisty where you have done a taster session in you personal statement? :confused:
It's fine to mention it if you did something relevant there, yes - e.g. in my personal statement I discussed about doing a summer course at UEA. I didn't even apply to UEA in the end...
However, avoid saying things like 'I hope to study at ...' or anything like that!
Original post by Chrissy.x
Is it wrong to name a univervisty where you have done a taster session in you personal statement? :confused:

No, but it can be put in the 'activities in preparation for higher education' section. You can reflect on what you got out of it namelessly in your ps without risk, although universities aren't going to get all huffy about it.
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, but it can be put in the 'activities in preparation for higher education' section. You can reflect on what you got out of it namelessly in your ps without risk, although universities aren't going to get all huffy about it.

Spot on. Because it isnt that you did it that the Admissions Tutor is interested in, its what difference it made to you that they want to hear about, and in particular that you are already starting to think beyond your A level syllabus and get your head around 'bigger' ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending