Scroll to see replies

From a Scot, Scholes is just simply a superior player to Gerrard
Reply 41
Cleverley has won more league titles than Gerrard. Discuss :bl::bl::bl::bl:

Scholes dumps on Gerrard.

Reply 43
Original post by DennisMenace
From a Scot, Scholes is just simply a superior player to Gerrard

Cheers for qualifying that you're a scot, it adds so much more to your post.
I think yday we saw why scholes is superior.
Reply 45
Original post by matthewduncan
I think yday we saw why scholes is superior.

Using 1 bad game is a poor arguement.
Original post by samir12
Using 1 bad game is a poor arguement.

No im using the fact that scholes would never choke on that level. gerrard has choked many times
Original post by TRS-T
No contest.

Scholes: Premier League (11): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
Gerrard: *tumbleweed*

Also, Scholes has been surrounded by winners throughout his career. Gerrard was playing alongside the likes of Charlie Adam and Igor Biscan, so of course he's going to stand out more.
Can't believe how under Rated Gerrard is here to think Beckham and Rooney are on the same level or even better 😂😂😂😂 have a team of Gerrards in every outfield position against a team of Beckhams or a team of Rooneys Gerrard is jst better world class in every position it shows his class know if a team of scholes would be good but he can't defend so in my opinion he's the most complete
I just want to say... I find it very disrespectful when people compare Scholes to Gerrard and Lampard.
I did this research a couple of days ago, and I just want to say even before I did this research, just by watching these players in their primes, I always had the impression that Scholes never ever came close to Gerrard and Lampard. I even doubt he was a 'World Class' player. The results of my research just confirm this...

FIFA World XI Nominations
Gerrard 8
Lampard 8
Scholes 2

FIFA World XI Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

UEFA Player of the year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Highest FIFA World Player of the Year Finish
Lampard 2nd one time
Gerrard never in top 3, but very close
Scholes nowhere near top 3

Highest Ballon D’or Finish
Lampard 2nd one time
Gerrard 3rd one time

Premier League Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 8
Lampard 5
Scholes 2

Premier League Player of the Month Awards
Gerrard 6
Lampard 4
Scholes 4

Premier League Young Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Journalists’ and Writers’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Players’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Fans’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

England National Team Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 2
Scholes 0

UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

FA Cup Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Basically from this, (well not even from this... just by watching the players in their primes you could tell that scholes was never even near gerrard and lampard in terms of player quality..) anyways... from this you can clearly see that scholes is no match for these two players.
Gerrard 8 nominations for World XI, actually in it THREE times. Compared to Scholes who was only nominated..... TWICE..?!?!?! and never actually in it. Gerrard in UEFA Team of the Year THREE TIMES. Scholes... ZERO!

Gerrard close to winning a Ballon d'or... Scholes... NEVER EVER EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR IT.
Both are legends of their teams, both made great contributions in their career. And both coined their teams with their play and both were leaders. But I think that Gerrard was more important for Liverpool than Scholes was for United. There was a time Liverpool was even depend on Gerrard's performance, can't remember that United was in that position with Scholes on the pitch. From this perspective Gerrard comes first
Original post by Big O#LFC
I just want to say... I find it very disrespectful when people compare Scholes to Gerrard and Lampard.
I did this research a couple of days ago, and I just want to say even before I did this research, just by watching these players in their primes, I always had the impression that Scholes never ever came close to Gerrard and Lampard. I even doubt he was a 'World Class' player. The results of my research just confirm this...

FIFA World XI Nominations
Gerrard 8
Lampard 8
Scholes 2

FIFA World XI Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 3
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

UEFA Player of the year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Highest FIFA World Player of the Year Finish
Lampard 2nd one time
Gerrard never in top 3, but very close

Highest Ballon D’or Finish
Lampard 2nd one time
Gerrard 3rd one time

Premier League Team of the Year Appearances
Gerrard 8
Lampard 5
Scholes 2

Premier League Player of the Month Awards
Gerrard 6
Lampard 4
Scholes 4

Premier League Young Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Journalists’ and Writers’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Players’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 1
Lampard 0
Scholes 0

Fans’ Premier League Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

England National Team Player of the Year
Gerrard 2
Lampard 2
Scholes 0

UEFA Euro Team of the Tournament
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

FA Cup Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

UEFA Champions League Final Man of the Match
Gerrard 1
Lampard 1
Scholes 0

Basically from this, (well not even from this... just by watching the players in their primes you could tell that scholes was never even near gerrard and lampard in terms of player quality..) anyways... from this you can clearly see that scholes is no match for these two players.
Gerrard 8 nominations for World XI, actually in it THREE times. Compared to Scholes who was only nominated..... TWICE..?!?!?! and never actually in it. Gerrard in UEFA Team of the Year THREE TIMES. Scholes... ZERO!

Gerrard close to winning a Ballon d'or... Scholes... NEVER EVER EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR IT.

Lampard>Gerrard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
Scholes

Other contemporary midfielders you can add to the list of >Scholes are Keane/Vieira. I'd say Scholes is better compared to the likes of Lee Bowyer to be brutal about it.
What utter claptrap you read too much dribble from the media. His family talked sense into him and he stayed. Nothing to do with threats. At least get your facts right. Throughout his career schooes played in consistently brilliant teams enabling his (teams) and him to get team awards. Look at the individual player awards that scholes and gerrard earned themselves. Gerrard is so far clear of scholes its unreal. Its not even a valid debate.

Quick Reply

Latest