The Student Room Group

Can we apply to two different courses in the same uni?

Hey, I would like to know if it is possible to apply to two different courses in the same uni, because I would like to study Medical Sciences or Biomedical Sciences at Edinburgh. I'm a French student, I'm a bit lost in the process of application. :s-smilie: Thank you very much
Reply 1
Original post by Issa Nissa
Hey, I would like to know if it is possible to apply to two different courses in the same uni, because I would like to study Medical Sciences or Biomedical Sciences at Edinburgh. I'm a French student, I'm a bit lost in the process of application. :s-smilie: Thank you very much

hi. i am pretty sure you can but i don't see a point in doing so. i study genetics at the uni of manchester. i am taking the same lectures as people who do biochemistry, biomedical science, zoology. so it doesn't matter what you apply for in the 1st year.
call the uni to ask them if medical sciences and biomedical sciences are considered under the same subject. they might not be. or they might be. i don't know. alternatively you can wait for someone else to answer your question.
Reply 2
You can, as long as they are fairly similar. If you apply for History and Chemistry for example, they will question your dedication to the subject, but for Medical/Biomedical Sciences you should be fine.

It doesn't make much sense if they are asking for the same requirements, but it can be good if you desperately want to go to a certain uni (I applied for Accountancy and AccFin as AccFin had lower requirements; I got offers for both and used them as my firm and insurance. I got into the higher course :smile:).
Reply 3
I think i will apply to both then, thank you very much!
Reply 4
I have applied to Swansea for Biology and for Genetics. They're asking for the same grades but I really like the university, so if you want to go to a particular one then there's no reason why you can't :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending