The Student Room Group

GCSE First Language English 0522 help please!

Hi

I've just recently found out that my school has 'suddenly' decided to enter us to do our English language exam in November. I've done barely any revision and I have no clue on how to answer the exam to reach top grades. I've went through some past papers and I'm sitting the extended reading paper, and then the writing.

Does anyone have any tips for this exam, or more importantly, any sample answers? I have had no experience doing this exam, and we've only been learning English language for 2 weeks. I'm really nervous and the first exam is Wednesday.

Also, for the reading paper, on question one, are you supposed to use a 50/50 balance of information from the text and inference? I've been told different things from different people; not even my teachers have some clarity on the exam. Please help if you know anything!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
We've been told to write two quotes and a point. You have to do this at least five times to make up at least ten quotes and five points for each question. Inference will just come when you do this because for example: (quote)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending