The Student Room Group

Manchester Met Adult Nursing interview

Hi!
I've just received an invitation to an interview at Manchester Met for Adult Nursing on December 10th.
Can anyone tell me what I can expect if anyone has already been interviewed?
thank you!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im there too on the 10th, not a clue what to expect, really need a heads up. First ever uni interview
Reply 2
I've got Liverpool 9th, Manchester met 10th and Birmingham 11th haha nightmare!!! Hopefully by the end I'll have the interviews down to a t! Is MMU your first choice? X
Reply 3
I have one on the 5th of December I'm trying to find out the same thing ahahaha :smile:)
Reply 4
Hi is it ljm or university of liverpool ? Xx
Reply 5
Original post by Sarah280896
I have one on the 5th of December I'm trying to find out the same thing ahahaha :smile:)

Are you at Manchester met too? Apparently there's a maths and English written task and they ask general questions to find out about you, like why nursing, tell us about yourself etc... I'm guessing they'll ask scenario questions too and qualities of nurses x
Reply 6
Original post by Katyclark
Are you at Manchester met too? Apparently there's a maths and English written task and they ask general questions to find out about you, like why nursing, tell us about yourself etc... I'm guessing they'll ask scenario questions too and qualities of nurses x

Is there a maths?? I didn't think there was one because it didn't say that on the email :/ x
does anybody know how long the interview is?
Reply 8
I have an interview on the 5th, they say there is no math test as they do not think you should have to do that due to actually doing it within the course. There is a written essay type exam (I don't know how long you have to write it) and then I think (don't quote me on this) that you read this out to the interviewers during your interview and then answer a few questions. I am a bit nervous but the last interview I had was really relaxed and I got offered a place so it is nice to know I am going to study Nursing in sept no matter what :smile:. Good luck to you all. If anyone has any information as to how long you get to write the essay that would be awesome. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sarah280896
Is there a maths?? I didn't think there was one because it didn't say that on the email :/ x

Oh I don't know then Hun, I've had quote a few emails from different unis regarding interviews so I could be confusing things, apologies x
Reply 10
Have any of u who had interview on thurs 5th heard back yet x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey had my interview on the 5th of December! The interview lasts around 3 hours... Short introduction and then a written task on codes of nursing ( around 200 words) also no maths test which i was happy about :biggrin: then you watch a video about the university/ course which lasts around 17 mins and then you wait to get called for your interview and the actual interview lasts around 20 mins. Have in mind why you want to be a nurse and the other questions were pretty simple! I got a phone call the next day telling me I had a place and that's where I'll be going so if any of you get in make sure to message me! I'd love to know anyone who's going :biggrin:
Good luck guys and just be confident! Xx
Had ineterview on 5th as well at MMU. got rejected. so sad :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by crazymjchick
Had ineterview on 5th as well at MMU. got rejected. so sad :frown:

Aw im so sorry did u find out today? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by roseyloulou
Hey had my interview on the 5th of December! The interview lasts around 3 hours... Short introduction and then a written task on codes of nursing ( around 200 words) also no maths test which i was happy about :biggrin: then you watch a video about the university/ course which lasts around 17 mins and then you wait to get called for your interview and the actual interview lasts around 20 mins. Have in mind why you want to be a nurse and the other questions were pretty simple! I got a phone call the next day telling me I had a place and that's where I'll be going so if any of you get in make sure to message me! I'd love to know anyone who's going :biggrin:
Good luck guys and just be confident! Xx

How was the interview? Well done, you've done so well! I've got an interview 10th dec I'm so nervous!

Xx
Hey I had the same! A phone call the next day., When are you starting ??? Add me on facebook if you like, tan tattersall :smile: I am so excited.
Hopefully chat to you on there.

Tan
How was the interview? Well done, you've done so well! I've got an interview 10th dec I'm so nervous!

Xx

My interview was fine very relaxed, easy questions including scenario ones! Only had around 7 questions, but it's totally nothing to worry about as long as you are sure about your choice and read up on current nursing issues you should do fine. Good luck! :biggrin: xx
Reply 17
Original post by ferretchaos
Hey I had the same! A phone call the next day., When are you starting ??? Add me on facebook if you like, tan tattersall :smile: I am so excited.
Hopefully chat to you on there.

Tan

Hi, did u also get a conditional offer? Do u meet the entry requirements already or are u studying at the moment? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Embobsy2k
Im there too on the 10th, not a clue what to expect, really need a heads up. First ever uni interview

Hey have you heard anything back yet? X
Reply 19
Hey have you heard anything back yet? X

Hey I had an interview on 10th too heard nothing, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending