The Student Room Group

Switching degree after deferring entry ?

Hi,
I have currently deferred my entry to university of Edinburgh to start in 2014. I'm studying Ecological and Environmental sciences. I was originally meant to start in 2013 but i didn't meet my grades but got my appeals so they deferred my entry. However my disability may affect the practical aspect of the course. This has led to serious consideration of switching degrees.I'd like to do sustainable development and they are related to an extent. I'm really passionate about both degrees but I now think that sustainable development may be more suited for me. I know they are in different departments so I'm unsure if i should/could proceed?
First things first, get in contact with the disability support office and work out if your disability actually will cause problems, and if so how that can be ameliorated.

If it's not possible to do your chosen course, you would have to speak to your existing academic department to ensure about swapping.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You really need to contact the university, as different universities will have different procedures. I'm sure there will be disability support available to help with fieldwork, though.

If the other course is run by a different department, you may have to reapply directly to them. Do you meet the entry requirements for sustainable development?

I think the best thing to do would be to reapply ASAP.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending