The Student Room Group

Queens / Magee University of Ulster Nursing 2014 intake

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys long time no speak on here, hope everyone's good. I'm a lil concerned about the OH check, what do you mean they check your hands? I'm hoping that mine will go fine, I hoping to go to Magee waiting for things to be confirmed and it's only then they send u OH and NI access forms. Not looking forward to it at all. Is there any reason where they would have let u get this far and then chuck u off the course?? X also you QUB guys I believe you received details on uniform prices etc, does anyone have a link , be interested to see roughly how much the uniform and all would be and also what else they expect of u. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xpinkprincessx
Hey guys long time no speak on here, hope everyone's good. I'm a lil concerned about the OH check, what do you mean they check your hands? I'm hoping that mine will go fine, I hoping to go to Magee waiting for things to be confirmed and it's only then they send u OH and NI access forms. Not looking forward to it at all. Is there any reason where they would have let u get this far and then chuck u off the course?? X also you QUB guys I believe you received details on uniform prices etc, does anyone have a link , be interested to see roughly how much the uniform and all would be and also what else they expect of u. Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

They check your hands for any skin conditions etc that could be made worse by constant washing and using alcohol gel. An o.h check is nothing to worry about. And universities reserve the right to withdraw an offer at anytime unfortunately due to people withholding information, access ni coming back unsatisfactory, fraud etc.
And the link for us QUB people is www.qub.ac.uk/new-students that details a bit but the rest has been and will be sent out via post.
Now its just waiting for results for people and the information is sent out after that.
Hope things are going okay!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I just finished my O.H check and I think it's very specific to what you've stated on your O.H form. It's all the doctor talked about it with me, they didn't look at my hands or draw blood - the doctor said they'd be waiting to stick people with needles until the A level results are out, as it would be a bit pointless to vaccinate people or test blood when some may not even get onto the course. I don't know if it was just because of my OH form but the conversation only took about 5-10 minutes tops. Was literally just in and out.
Original post by tedbunny
Hey, I just finished my O.H check and I think it's very specific to what you've stated on your O.H form. It's all the doctor talked about it with me, they didn't look at my hands or draw blood - the doctor said they'd be waiting to stick people with needles until the A level results are out, as it would be a bit pointless to vaccinate people or test blood when some may not even get onto the course. I don't know if it was just because of my OH form but the conversation only took about 5-10 minutes tops. Was literally just in and out.

Well that sounds good. They may look when you go back for your vaccinations etc? I have an unconditional offer so im wondering why I havent heard from oh yet? But I have had my hep b and im up to date with everything and had an o.h check with work at the beginning of the year so Im hoping that's why!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Well that sounds good. They may look when you go back for your vaccinations etc? I have an unconditional offer so im wondering why I havent heard from oh yet? But I have had my hep b and im up to date with everything and had an o.h check with work at the beginning of the year so Im hoping that's why!

Posted from TSR Mobile

During my check they literally only talked about issues I'd put down on the OH check form - as they needed more information. So possibly if there's no reason to bring you in they wait until later when the more general things are covered such as vaccinations - totally guessing, but the checks now might be for people for whom there may be issues?
Either that or maybe they're going alphabetically or in some other arbitrary order, it is only July after all.
You might not be called at all. Most are usually called because they've stated something significant on their form, eg. back problems, diabetes etc. They'll check your hands etc when you go for your injections.
Wish they would hurry up as I need to give my work a starting date for my notice. ...
Reply 447
Any feb intake starts for queens there is a fb group started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 448
I can't find it when I search on fb. Just the September one comes up
Reply 449
Original post by Orlyp
I can't find it when I search on fb. Just the September one comes up

Pm me your name and I will search you and add you to it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 450
Has anyone heard from queens reserve yet
Hiya all. Hoping to start in Magee in September but unsure about accommodation and travelling.
I live around 45mins from Derry but I'm 20, and wouldn't mind student accommodation as an option. Does anyone know Student Nurses who have lived in student halls on the bursary? Is it doable? Also, is it realistic to live in student halls when placements could be based anyyyywhere
I am interested in knowing if anyone has heard from Magee reserve. I need this more than anything.
I don't suppose anyone knows what the basic bursary would be per month approximately? Trying to figure out my finances for the coming years and I know that the bursary typically gets cut every year. Anyone get an idea?
Reply 454
I have heard it's £430 a month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, another annoying 'I'm trying to organise the next few months of my life' question. I don't suppose anyone has any idea when the first placement is? Is it 6 weeks/6 weeks? Or does it not work out quite as uniform as that? I'm trying to organise working a weekend in October and I'm worried if I agree to it I'll have to back out if there are placements running at that time.
Our first placement began on the 11th November, 6 weeks after we started (Welcome Week isn't included in the first 6 week block). I think it's roughly the same date every year - finishing up a couple of days before Christmas. Queens measure up for uniforms in early September so they have them back in time for going out to placement, which is why it's very important everyone attends the registration/uniform day.

Ps. Everyone will have their photo taken on reg day and that's your ID for the next three years, so make sure you smile and look nice! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Is anyone doing children's nurisng at QUB in sept?
Reply 458
Started a 2014 intake group on fb.. just type in 'qub nursing intake 2014' :smile:
Original post by kelm
Started a 2014 intake group on fb.. just type in 'qub nursing intake 2014' :smile:

I've set one up but seems I'm still waiting for people to join. QUB l.d nursing 2014 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending