The Student Room Group

Not sure what to think about not entering my failed UUU grades

I went to Uni in 2009 at 19 ( I failed my AS levels, UUU, when I was mentally ill during that time) - therefore I did BTEC for 2 years. I can't remember if I put these UUU grades on the application but I don't think I did on the advise of my teacher.

I applied for 2013 entry but ended up not going. I didn't put these UUU grades. I got offers but long story short, I didn't go. I've done the same for 2014 entry without the UUU.

I've been reading up on declaring grades and failed ones and it's not absolutely clear but I seem to get the impression that I'm meant to put the UUU grades on the application? I DO have the UUU certificates. And I'm quite worried actually having read up on this through tsr, and how you can be caught at any time. I'm not quite sure what to do. I applied 3 days ago.

Should I ring up UCAS and ask them to add this or leave it? I'm really not sure what I should be doing but I don't want to put myself in danger. What's the worst that can happen? I'm actually kind of scared :0
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
You are safe if you don't put U's down.

My college and secondary school both said the same.

Getting EEE is worse than UUU !

The reason you don't put U's is they are not certificated.
Original post by mylifeisover999
I went to Uni in 2009 at 19 ( I failed my AS levels, UUU, when I was mentally ill during that time) - therefore I did BTEC for 2 years. I can't remember if I put these UUU grades on the application but I don't think I did on the advise of my teacher.

I applied for 2013 entry but ended up not going. I didn't put these UUU grades. I got offers but long story short, I didn't go. I've done the same for 2014 entry without the UUU.

I've been reading up on declaring grades and failed ones and it's not absolutely clear but I seem to get the impression that I'm meant to put the UUU grades on the application? I DO have the UUU certificates. And I'm quite worried actually having read up on this through tsr, and how you can be caught at any time. I'm not quite sure what to do. I applied 3 days ago.

Should I ring up UCAS and ask them to add this or leave it? I'm really not sure what I should be doing but I don't want to put myself in danger. What's the worst that can happen? I'm actually kind of scared :0

Grades only need to be declared on UCAS if they are an E or above, so you do not have to mention any U grades on your application.
Original post by goonermk
You are safe if you don't put U's down.

My college and secondary school both said the same.

Getting EEE is worse than UUU !

The reason you don't put U's is they are not certificated.

Noo I HAVE my UUU certificates. They are certificated.
Original post by officelinebacker
Grades only need to be declared on UCAS if they are an E or above, so you do not have to mention any U grades on your application.

Hmmm but reading the threads in this forum (I think this subforum) ... people in the know seem to suggest that anything certificated MUST be mentioned.
You must declare all grades regardless of grade as far as I know. The only exception is if you don't finish the AS e.g. dropping out midway through the year. Thats what my college told me a few years back anyway :confused:
(edited 10 years ago)
How would universities find out though, what system is implemented for such a case?
Reply 7
They may be certified but they are Ungraded... it is only graded ones that you have to declare.

Hope this helps :smile:
The replies in this thread back up my confusing. very confusing isn't it. Really baffled.
Reply 9
As far as I know you always get a certificate for a U, I did for one of my GCSE's, but I don't have to declare it as you only have to declare G and above for GCSE's... with A Levels, as far as I am aware, it is E and above.
I failed my first lot of As levels and my head of sixth form told me not to put them on my application as they weren't full A levels xx

I wouldn't phone up UCAS but maybe your old college/ sixth form and see what they recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the back of my AQA document with my UUU grade this is quoted - ' Candidates whose level of achievement is below the minimum judged by AQA to be of sufficient standard to be recorded on a certificate will receive an UNCLASSIFIED (U(u)) result '

So from that quote - that suggests that 2 of my 3 U grades are not certificated.

Unless someone can interpret it differently!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending