The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

OU BA Psychology and Philosophy studies

Hi guys, I'm currently studying towards BA Psychology and Philosophy studies degree, I've already completed A222 Philosophy, A308 Philosophy of Mind, DSE212 Exploring Psychology. Currently going 'back in time' and completing DD101 because I originally thought I would be allowed exemption from this as I have completed a first year at a brick uni. My final module DD307 Social Psychology starts in January so I'm looking forward to that!

Was just posting this to see if there were any Psychology or Philosophy students through OU of a similar age (im 24) who wanted to discuss stuff? I've done well studying at a high level in OU with the courses ive done I got just below a First in both modules but I found that in my tutorials and in my exams the 'average age' for a course (especially philosophy) tends to be about 15 years older than me so whilst I will talk to anyone of any age was just wondering if there were many younger people who fancied a chat? Im based in Northamptonshire area.
Reply 1
Hi, you posted this a long time ago so I don't know if you even still use the site, but this is still the most recent post to mention A222, which I am just about to start. I was also planning to follow the Philosophy and Psychological Studies pathway, but this is the last year they're running A308. I was excited by the content of A308 and was excited to study it. The course they're replacing with looks far less interesting, so I am pretty disappointed by that. Did you enjoy the course yourself?

I know the feeling of being the youngest on each course by a long way, I feel pretty uncomfortable approaching the other members to discuss any of the work. Any advice for me on A222?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest