The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellybot
:console:

I'm sure if you tell them that you already have several offers, they should be able to understand. Christmas will be over and done with soon :redface:

Oh they know I have several offers and each of them are disappointed that I've taken someone else's offer instead of theirs, and when they don't like the person whose offer ive taken up, you can see where the strain appears from...
Reply 381
Original post by Mad Vlad
Oh they know I have several offers and each of them are disappointed that I've taken someone else's offer instead of theirs, and when they don't like the person whose offer ive taken up, you can see where the strain appears from...

Yeah... I can see tension from that. Its just something they have to deal with is all I can say. Don't let it get to you if there is no physical way of making the situation better. :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by crazylemon
Yeah it can be a lot harder. Has helped I think I am in london rather than the arse end of nowhere. More gays around!
You are of course welcome to come to any TSRLGBT meet that happens if another one ever does :smile:

as for grinder...Never used it myself again because of general associated sleaze :tongue:

Hahah thats why I am having troubles then, My hometown is a small welsh village with about a 350 people to count, most of them old. However, university in Canterbury has a bit more to offer. Might go to London at some point since its not far, and thanks for the potential invite! :tongue:
Reply 383
Does anyone use POF? I have a few friends on there who say its good but I haven't used it yet. I'm definitely aiming to find someone special in the new year. I need some happiness after the ****ty year I've had.

and we need a meet. Preferably on one of the last two weekends in March as I'm off work then and thus can go :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
This is just so weird for me. But, I suppose..,this is a safe place as ever.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm third gender. I mean I embrace loads of parts of both masculinity and femininity (maybe not so much in public) but I certainly don't feel 100% secure. It's interesting doing some research on the matter this evening :h:.
Reply 385
I haven't used any form of online dating no :s-smilie: I might give it a go in the future, we shall see. What was the last meet like and where was it held?

Original post by Kezza Wilson

Sometimes I wonder if I'm third gender. I mean I embrace loads of parts of both masculinity and femininity (maybe not so much in public) but I certainly don't feel 100% secure. It's interesting doing some research on the matter this evening :h:.

It is possible that certain aspects of masculinity and femininity clash, I have had several girly views as a child, wasn't interested in sports and didnt really fit the stereotype of being a boy to be honest! I think being secure and happy with who you are is upmost importance, at least, thats what I have learnt these last few years. Why do you think you embrace both gender roles? :smile:
Reply 386
Hey peeps. Back from a pleasant but really friggin' tiring weekend debating in Birmingham. Now watching HP6 since it was on TV; it's kinda amusing as usual.

Original post by mimi112
guys can you explain to me why things like bathhouses and grindr are so popular with gay men but basically inexistent for lesbians? tx.

History of men being able to travel more and there being less of stigma for men to have sex, meaning that there are institutions and traditions of things like bathhouses and the like. There might be something to what Mike said too, though I'm always pretty reluctant to ascribe inherent traits like promiscuity to genders.

Original post by Revd. Mike
Had some pretty good gym sessions lately :h: Feeling pretty good. Chris recently laid down a few conditions in exchange for paying my gym membership, one of which was I have to flex for him whenever I come in from the gym :rofl: I did so this evening and he was a little incredulous and asked me to do it again, then said "Good grief... your chest is really barrelling out!" That was a pretty huge confidence boost :3

:woo:

Original post by Crisps
Applied for a couple of jobs tonight. They're not necessarily well paid or highly skilled, but they're full time and I need full time hours

Best of luck!

Original post by ForgetMe
I understand why people put their sexuality when looking for a place to stay but why they feel the need to put their sexual role too :erm: For example, a gay bottom guy looking for place to stay :erm:

Because they're not just looking for a place to stay.

Original post by Ellybot
Regarding grindr, I heard that it was just full of old people wanting to pay for sex :laugh: I don't even own a gadget/device to operate grindr on :tongue:

I haven't seen much in the way of people trying to pay, actually, and there don't tend to be that man old men. But yeah, it's all basically sex-centred.

I have a friend who's not a man or a woman and they're pretty awesome. :awesome:
Original post by Ellybot

It is possible that certain aspects of masculinity and femininity clash, I have had several girly views as a child, wasn't interested in sports and didnt really fit the stereotype of being a boy to be honest! I think being secure and happy with who you are is upmost importance, at least, thats what I have learnt these last few years. Why do you think you embrace both gender roles? :smile:

I see. Thanks.
It's hard to explain.
Original post by dbmag9

I have a friend who's not a man or a woman and they're pretty awesome. :awesome:

How so?
Reply 388
Original post by dbmag9

I haven't seen much in the way of people trying to pay, actually, and there don't tend to be that man old men. But yeah, it's all basically sex-centred.

Ahh fair enough, I have just heard dodgy rumours of it around where I am. I always knew it was generally sex centred :lol:
Reply 389
How so?

The usual ways a person is awesome? Good friend, clever, great actor/singer, etc... :p:
Original post by dbmag9
The usual ways a person is awesome? Good friend, clever, great actor/singer, etc... :p:

Oh right!!!
I thought you were saying it (not sure what pronoun to use) was awesome because it was third gender.
Reply 391
Oh right!!!
I thought you were saying it (not sure what pronoun to use) was awesome because it was third gender.

They go by 'they'. :smile:
Original post by dbmag9
They go by 'they'. :smile:

I see. Sorry about my use of "it".
Reply 393
I see. Sorry about my use of "it".

Don't worry about it; 'they' is a good general pronoun to use for anyone, though, and in this case it's their preferred pronoun. :smile:
Reply 394
Man I really should try and organise a meet. Although half the people would probably have to be contacted by Facebook as they seem not to use the thread anymore (not that I can really talk on that one :tongue: )

Dooo it. :yep:
Reply 395
Basically, summer meet: meet at station, drink in park, drink in pub. Winter meet: meet at station, visit a warm indoor culturally place, drink at pub :tongue:
Reply 396
I will think about it/getting a pole up/etc. but not until I know which weekends I definitely can't do :tongue:

But it is soooo much more :moon:

What is so much more?

and I can only do 2 weekends :frown:
Reply 397
Sounds pretty funky to me :biggrin: Nothing like good food and a drink or several. Yeah, I expected a few more people to be on the forum, but I guess Facebook will take over the world eventually :P
Reply 398
I will think about it/getting a pole up/etc. but not until I know which weekends I definitely can't do :tongue:

But it is soooo much more :moon:

I swear you're just trying to convince me to go! :tongue:
Reply 399

People come and go, currently it is at a bit of an ebb here, but hopefully some new people will come along, they tend to.
Facebook has a habit of doing that. I hear twitter is good to. But trying to keep my ramblings that short is impossible.

Do you think there may be a way to get all of the TSR people who now use other social media to be aware of such an event?

Quick Reply

Latest