The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

I haven't watched it as of yet but I will get around to it.

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Professional G
Have you watched a show called Ackley Bridge? It’s a mostly comedy show but one of its storylines is about a Muslim female who finds out she is gay. While most of the show is funny, she does go through a lot considering here sexuality
Original post by Alisha999
I haven't watched it as of yet but I will get around to it.

Thank you:smile:

You’re welcome :smile:
Thank you for your kind words. They mean alot! Being a Muslim and a Catholic I guess have similar beliefs in terms of LGBT. I di however feel Christians tend to be more accepting.
You are lucky you can be single if you wanted! I would much rather be single than be with a woman and hurt my family (and go against my religion) but sadly my parents won't be happy with me been single either so I'm going to have to marry... but I'll just have to see what happens:frown:

Thank you x

Yes I can imagine Muslim families may be less accepting than most Christians - like you say, it's a cultural thing. My parents def worry about me not getting married (apparently my mum was talking to her brother about him sticking me in a convent once my parents die or some **** like that :s-smilie: ) and there's a lot of pressure on them from extended family to get me and my sisters married. Thankfully my older sister is 37 and still not married, so the attention is all on her atm :ninja: Coz we're meant to marry in age order :ninja:

If it would ever help to PM me, my inbox is open to you x
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yes I can imagine Muslim families may be less accepting than most Christians - like you say, it's a cultural thing. My parents def worry about me not getting married (apparently my mum was talking to her brother about him sticking me in a convent once my parents die or some **** like that :s-smilie: ) and there's a lot of pressure on them from extended family to get me and my sisters married. Thankfully my older sister is 37 and still not married, so the attention is all on her atm :ninja: Coz we're meant to marry in age order :ninja:

If it would ever help to PM me, my inbox is open to you x

No offence but your family sounds very weird. Why are they so obsessed with getting you married? It does sound like they are heading into arranging marriages in the future.
No offence but your family sounds very weird. Why are they so obsessed with getting you married? It does sound like they are heading into arranging marriages in the future.

They're obsessed with me getting married coz we're South Asian :tongue: And yes, in their ideal world, we would all be having arranged marriages :yes:
They're obsessed with me getting married coz we're South Asian :tongue: And yes, in their ideal world, we would all be having arranged marriages :yes:

They do love their arranged marriages. It must have been a chore when they keep asking you to get married. Just hold out and hopefully you’ll find someone soon enough.
They do love their arranged marriages. It must have been a chore when they keep asking you to get married. Just hold out and hopefully you’ll find someone soon enough.

No one has asked me to get married (they can't do arranged marriage for me because of my severe mental health issues) and I don't plan on getting married to anyone of any gender. But thanks for your concern :bhangra:
No one has asked me to get married (they can't do arranged marriage for me because of my severe mental health issues) and I don't plan on getting married to anyone of any gender. But thanks for your concern :bhangra:

I guess you are in a tough situation (I think). More power to you. You’re welcome
Thank you for your kind words. They mean alot! Being a Muslim and a Catholic I guess have similar beliefs in terms of LGBT. I di however feel Christians tend to be more accepting.
You are lucky you can be single if you wanted! I would much rather be single than be with a woman and hurt my family (and go against my religion) but sadly my parents won't be happy with me been single either so I'm going to have to marry... but I'll just have to see what happens:frown:

Thank you x

Have you heard of marriage or convience? It's not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but if there really is no other option it would at least allow you to date girls in private.
Original post by CoolCavy
adult cavy :lol:

uhhhh why not?
Original post by Glaz
uhhhh why not?

Because I don't fancy men :smile:
me, knowing i have 2 save up for a con: 'bi pride etsy'
THYE HAVE BI PRIDE POMPOMS BUT I AM AUTISM AND WILL TEAR THOSE APART IN MINUTES BC STIM cries loduly
Original post by CoolCavy
Because I don't fancy men :smile:

ohhhh **** yeah, totally forgot that, sorry cavy :jumphug:
(edited 4 years ago)
school systems dont do nearly enough for trans kids and its ironic bc the reason i cannot scream that from the rooftops is because im afraid of outing myself.
ok im just gonna cry n listen 2 music and acknowledge ill never come out
im claiming the entire moominvalley ost for the trans community

especially this
flamingo belongs 2 th lgbt community
if i get kicked it was nice knowing you all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest