The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Flauta
Woo got an offer from Manchester :biggrin: Now I have to decide between them Nottingham and Leeds, eurgh how

Congrats! Subject?
Reply 1181
Original post by polscistudent88
Congrats! Subject?

Maths :smile:
Original post by Flauta
Maths :smile:

Well done :smile: Let us know where you end up to!
Reply 1183
There goes the last of my lush bath bombs, guess I'll have to go back to using mega cheap bubble bath now :frown:
Reply 1184
My Nan's skin cancer is now terminal :frown: how much more bad luck can I cope with?!
Original post by Crisps
About to go into the gym for my assessment with my hunky trainer :biggrin:

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys the perks of the gym. :tongue:

Original post by Crisps
My Nan's skin cancer is now terminal :frown: how much more bad luck can I cope with?!

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you're okay!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Flauta
Woo got an offer from Manchester :biggrin: Now I have to decide between them Nottingham and Leeds, eurgh how

Lovely. Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187
Original post by Crisps

I'm so sorry to hear that

Original post by keromedic
Lovely. Congrats

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanking you
Original post by Crisps

That's horrible :frown: Can't imagine what you're feeling

Just had to come home 3 hours early, due to train strikes cancelling my train yay!!! (in case you didn't notice, I was being sarcastic ...)
I can't remember if I told you guys, but I went on a date a couple of weeks ago. She agreed to see me again :woo:
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I can't remember if I told you guys, but I went on a date a couple of weeks ago. She agreed to see me again :woo:

I don't think I can find an emoticon for this, but hi-5! Best of luck with this potential relationship
Reply 1191
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche

That's fantastic, I hope it all goes well :biggrin:

Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I don't think I can find an emoticon for this, but hi-5! Best of luck with this potential relationship

:five:

So glad to be going back to school tomorrow, even if it only is for 10 hours a week at least I'll have a reason to leave the house other than to go shopping with friends, gets a bit boring to be honest
Reply 1192
I'm gay can I join? (The link to the join section isn't working for some reason
Original post by BenH1397
I'm gay can I join? (The link to the join section isn't working for some reason

Of course :h:

What is it you're trying to join? The soc?
Reply 1194
Original post by shadowdweller
Of course :h:

What is it you're trying to join? The soc?

Yeah
Yeah

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=32

Try joining from there, should work :smile:
Original post by Flauta
There goes the last of my lush bath bombs, guess I'll have to go back to using mega cheap bubble bath now :frown:

Well, go back to Lush shop again :tongue:
Reply 1197
I need some advice on coming out, as in how to go about it, to my parents. I felt very little pressure about it with my friends but this feels different. I just don't think I can bring myself to tell them. They've never said anything homophobic so its not like that its just that whenever I try to tell them I just get this horrible feeling and I can't do it. Any advice?
Reply 1198
Original post by ForgetMe
Well, go back to Lush shop again :tongue:

My friends got me some for my birthday, the nearest shop is really far away :frown:

I need some advice on coming out, as in how to go about it, to my parents. I felt very little pressure about it with my friends but this feels different. I just don't think I can bring myself to tell them. They've never said anything homophobic so its not like that its just that whenever I try to tell them I just get this horrible feeling and I can't do it. Any advice?

Me too, my parents are really pro gay marriage but they've just formed this idea in their heads that I'm straight and I don't want to spoil it for them, heck everytime I stay round a girl's house my parents give "the look"
Reply 1199
Original post by Flauta

Me too, my parents are really pro gay marriage but they've just formed this idea in their heads that I'm straight and I don't want to spoil it for them, heck everytime I stay round a girl's house my parents give "the look"

I get what you mean. A few weeks ago I found a pack of condoms on my desk and I had found that my dad had got me them. Then he made some joke about me not getting a girl pregnant and I though "don't have to worry about that dad"
i suppose its natural for parents to assume that their child is straight but I wouldn't be afraid of "ruining" that idea. You've said yourself that they were fine with homosexuality.
my issue is more to do with the pressure of actually telling them face to face and thats what I can't handle.

Quick Reply

Latest