The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SerLorasTyrell
Are UKIP against the LGBT community? I've not seen anything to suggest so

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gay people were apparently the cause of the storms in January
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
Really really disgusted and ashamed of my town tonight. My local area has voted in not 1 but 2 UKIP MEPs and they topped the polls twice .... to add insult to injury, they've come 2nd in my university town and gained 1/4 of their seats ...

My area, Yorkshire and the Humber voted in 3 UKIP MEPs, that's a majority taking half the seats available. There's a lot of talk about how the there is no such thing as the UKIP earthquake that is happening, but I dread to think what will happen come the general election.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by feathergirl
My area, Yorkshire and the Humber voted in 3 UKIP MEPs, that's a majority taking half the seats available. There's a lot of talk about how the there is no such thing as the UKIP earthquake that is happening, but I dread to think what will happen come the general election.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not joking, people haven't seriously considered that there will be mass unrest if they get in - what you're seeing in Ukraine right now may be the reality if and when UKIP get in. UKIP's Romania speech disprove their point that they ''aren't'' racist, and well we all know what their relationship with Muslims is like at the best of times ...
So quiet :tumble:

Hey :wavey: How's everything been? :h:
Original post by Slowbro93
Hey :wavey: How's everything been? :h:

Hello :biggrin: I've been generally alright, unlike almost every other student-y person in the country :tongue: How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Hello :biggrin: I've been generally alright, unlike almost every other student-y person in the country :tongue: How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because you're a year younger, wait until next year! :wink:
Original post by MattFletcher
That's because you're a year younger, wait until next year! :wink:

What about all the other people in my year who are panicking? :tongue: I can assure you, there are far too many :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
What about all the other people in my year who are panicking? :tongue: I can assure you, there are far too many :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I did to be fair, I did far too much last year, when AS Levels are a world away from them. But it depends on the subjects you do and how good you already are at them.
Original post by MattFletcher
haha I did to be fair, I did far too much last year, when AS Levels are a world away from them. But it depends on the subjects you do and how good you already are at them.

Well that was silly of you :tongue: Though I don't think I worry enough :redface:
I guess that would make sense :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm good, just finished most of my degree yesterday! :woo: (well I also have 4 exams in August and I guess it's time for a job :tongue: )

How are your GCSE exams going? :h:

Also, anyone doing pride in a couple of weeks? (London)
Yeah I'm good, just finished most of my degree yesterday! :woo: (well I also have 4 exams in August and I guess it's time for a job :tongue: )

Glad for you, you're doing really well. :smile:

Did you go to pride before? What did you think?
Reply 1593

Original post by Joyful_soul
Glad for you, you're doing really well. :smile:

Did you go to pride before? What did you think?

Isn't it on 29th of June in London. I think I am going :wink:
As far as I'm aware the dates for pride (if any of you are abroad too) are as follows;

Saturday 7th June: France (National)
Saturday 21st June - Sunday 6th July: Germany - Cologne, main event 6th July
Friday 11th July-Sunday 13th July: UK - Bournemouth

I don't know of any others yet.
Reply 1595
Is there always a point to coming out to everyone? I'd be alright telling my family probably but I feel like I'm being some attention seeker if I posted it on Facebook or something :eek:
Original post by Oats
Is there always a point to coming out to everyone? I'd be alright telling my family probably but I feel like I'm being some attention seeker if I posted it on Facebook or something :eek:

I'd say if people ask 'tell', but if they're not important to you, I wouldn't really bother. Change your 'interested in' on Facebook by all means though. Most people these days don't seem to care.
Reply 1597
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
I'd say if people ask 'tell', but if they're not important to you, I wouldn't really bother. Change your 'interested in' on Facebook by all means though. Most people these days don't seem to care.

Good idea, I still feel like a nervous 12 year old when thinking about it all but when it comes to girls I'm fine, guess it's less experience
Came out to one of my close friends yesterday! Even though it's just the one person it's such a relief. Feels really strange that someone else knows though after keeping it to myself for this long! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louisekell
Came out to one of my close friends yesterday! Even though it's just the one person it's such a relief. Feels really strange that someone else knows though after keeping it to myself for this long! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :party2:

In other news, these women need to be sent to a psychiactric hospital

Quick Reply

Latest