The Student Room Group

Secret santa present for my boss

I have to find a secret santa present for my boss and I have no idea what to get him. I've worked at the company for three months and I've never spoken to him because he's constantly abroad. I asked other people in my team and they told me that he's in his sixties but they don't really know anything about him either.

We're supposed to spend £10 on the present and I can't think of anything other than chocolate.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Secret Santa is tricky when you have someone specific and you don't know much about them. We're doing secret santa at uni (in the research lab I'm doing my project in, so not even other students) and our budget is only £1, so coupled with the fact that I really had almost no idea about the guy I picked except that he's the guy that does all the computer stuff, I really had no idea to start with. Someone suggested just getting chocolate-but I was worried that they wouldn't like it or can't eat it (risk of nut allergies etc). Eventually I kind of stalked them online :tongue: and know what they're into so I've come up with a pretty awesome home made present.

But my back up though was something Christmassy, I think you can't go much wrong with something actually for Christmas (e.g. another person know is painting their secret santa a glass christmas decoration) if you've no other way of finding out anything more about the person you're meant to buy for. Or since you at least know they are your boss, something office related? Paperweight? Desk hoover? Novelty desk tidy? Some sort of desktop boy's toy?
Reply 2
Fabric Leprechaun Hat with Beard?
You can buy a joke mug like this http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-home-office/take-a-break-emergency-mug/10622366.html
A cool phone case, touch screen gloves, and general office toys.

These are a bit boring, but since you don't know him much, then you won't be able to get him anything more personal.
Reply 4
Original post by yennibubs
You can buy a joke mug like this http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-home-office/take-a-break-emergency-mug/10622366.html
A cool phone case, touch screen gloves, and general office toys.

These are a bit boring, but since you don't know him much, then you won't be able to get him anything more personal.

Thanks, a mug sounds like a good idea. I'll go to Oxford Street after work tomorrow, hopefully I can find something similar.

Original post by heidigirl
Secret Santa is tricky when you have someone specific and you don't know much about them. We're doing secret santa at uni (in the research lab I'm doing my project in, so not even other students) and our budget is only £1, so coupled with the fact that I really had almost no idea about the guy I picked except that he's the guy that does all the computer stuff, I really had no idea to start with. Someone suggested just getting chocolate-but I was worried that they wouldn't like it or can't eat it (risk of nut allergies etc). Eventually I kind of stalked them online :tongue: and know what they're into so I've come up with a pretty awesome home made present.

But my back up though was something Christmassy, I think you can't go much wrong with something actually for Christmas (e.g. another person know is painting their secret santa a glass christmas decoration) if you've no other way of finding out anything more about the person you're meant to buy for. Or since you at least know they are your boss, something office related? Paperweight? Desk hoover? Novelty desk tidy? Some sort of desktop boy's toy?

Definitely, especially if you don't know the person at all. I asked people in my team and they don't really know him either. I think it would be better to get something for less than £5, £10 seems a bit much if you don't know the person.

Thanks, that's a good idea! I think I might get something Christmassy and maybe a mug.
Original post by ginger.
Thanks, a mug sounds like a good idea. I'll go to Oxford Street after work tomorrow, hopefully I can find something similar.

The gift and gadgets sections in the department stores are the way to go. Selfridges, John Lewis etc :smile: Don't worry too much about it. It's secret anyway :tongue: unlike my work place where we've pretty much told each other who we have lol
Reply 6
Original post by yennibubs
The gift and gadgets sections in the department stores are the way to go. Selfridges, John Lewis etc :smile: Don't worry too much about it. It's secret anyway :tongue: unlike my work place where we've pretty much told each other who we have lol

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna have a look tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending