The Student Room Group

Copying someone's idea

My colleague mention an idea to me. I thought it was great, so I mentioned it to my boss giving my colleague the credit.

My boss pressured me to go ahead with the idea, they wanted the idea to be shared with the rest of the team. I wanted to wait the next day, so my colleague and I can work on it together.

I'm also really shy and I guess my boss wants me to be more outgoing/present in the team

I did the idea anyway, but now I'm feeling really really guilty as it was someone's idea.

I wanted to mention to my colleague in person. everything above^^, of crediting my colleagues idea to my boss and how I felt pressured to do it.

But right now, I just feel really really guilty.

My colleague and I get on really well with each other and I don't want them to hate me.

Any advice? I just feel so guilty :/
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My colleague mention an idea to me. I thought it was great, so I mentioned it to my boss giving my colleague the credit.

My boss pressured me to go ahead with the idea, they wanted the idea to be shared with the rest of the team. I wanted to wait the next day, so my colleague and I can work on it together.

I'm also really shy and I guess my boss wants me to be more outgoing/present in the team

I did the idea anyway, but now I'm feeling really really guilty as it was someone's idea.

I wanted to mention to my colleague in person. everything above^^, of crediting my colleagues idea to my boss and how I felt pressured to do it.

But right now, I just feel really really guilty.

My colleague and I get on really well with each other and I don't want them to hate me.

Any advice? I just feel so guilty :/

Copying exactly the same idea might make a poor impression to your colleague as it was without his/her consent. On top of it, that individual might feel bad about it. Anyway, if you feel guilty, you better apologize to your colleague and make sure you don't make the same mistake again in future. Good luck! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending