The Student Room Group

Birmingham Chemical Engineering interview

Ok, so on the coming wednesday I have an interview at Birmingham for ChemEng. Now, I've already had an interview at Lougborough so I have a general idea of how they go, however I was wondering if Birmingham maybe asked some more "technical" questions.

So, if anyone has interviewed at Birmingham for ChemEng and could tell me all about it that would be good, cheers.
Reply 1
My cousin went to one, and apparently the questions were like "How are Manchester United doing?" and "What's Barnsley like?". There might have been one chemistry question, but he was kinda surprised. Dunno if they're all like that though.
Original post by podrodow1
Ok, so on the coming wednesday I have an interview at Birmingham for ChemEng. Now, I've already had an interview at Lougborough so I have a general idea of how they go, however I was wondering if Birmingham maybe asked some more "technical" questions.

So, if anyone has interviewed at Birmingham for ChemEng and could tell me all about it that would be good, cheers.

hello how did your interview at Loughborough go, and what sort of questions were you asked?
Reply 3
It was good, my interviewer was pretty chilled so it was all good. I got asked "why Loughborough?", "Why Chemical Engineering?", and then he asked me to explain a practical I had done in Biology and Chemistry and the general science behind it, which was quite simple. And then he asked me about parts of my personal statement, e.g. I mentioned about How my Geography could link to Chemical Engineering on my Personal statement...he just asked me to ellaborate on that.

My interview questions were fairly simple and generic, but it really depends who interviews you. For example one guy when I was there was asked to differentiate cosx^2....thankfully I wasn't him haha. Yeah but really it's pretty relaxed
Original post by podrodow1
It was good, my interviewer was pretty chilled so it was all good. I got asked "why Loughborough?", "Why Chemical Engineering?", and then he asked me to explain a practical I had done in Biology and Chemistry and the general science behind it, which was quite simple. And then he asked me about parts of my personal statement, e.g. I mentioned about How my Geography could link to Chemical Engineering on my Personal statement...he just asked me to ellaborate on that.

My interview questions were fairly simple and generic, but it really depends who interviews you. For example one guy when I was there was asked to differentiate cosx^2....thankfully I wasn't him haha. Yeah but really it's pretty relaxed

Oh thanks that's good to know, how long would you say your interview lasted, and how long did it take for them to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest