The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Physics Interviews

Hello people, I see a couple of threads about physics interviews but they were in the past and there's lots more to come so thought I'd start a new one. My interview is set to be on the 23rd January. So, anyone else going on this day, or anyone who has been want to spill the beans on what happens?
Reply 1
Original post by whitenoise
Hello people, I see a couple of threads about physics interviews but they were in the past and there's lots more to come so thought I'd start a new one. My interview is set to be on the 23rd January. So, anyone else going on this day, or anyone who has been want to spill the beans on what happens?

Hi there, I'm (probably) going to be facilitating and (possibly) tour guiding that day.
I don't know exactly what the itinerary for the day is, but you'll get the chance to go on campus/department tours at 10:30am, 11:15am and just after 4pm. There's various talks about the degree structure, a lecture on something academic and around two hours set aside for interviews and facilitating. If this term is the same as last term then that will be between 2pm and 4pm.
Your interview is generally around half an hour, the rest of the time you'll be sat at a table with other prospective students working on some physics problems. At the same time there are current/former students wandering around helping and generally answering any questions you have about what it's like to do physics at Lancaster.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending