The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Physics Interview

sup, I have a manchester Physics Interview In two weeks and I was hoping for some info/advice from those who have done this before, also I heard that Manchester accepts 100% of the People they interview for Physics and the interview is really just to inform what offer they give you, too what extent is this true, Thanks
yh that is true
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by UserName734
sup, I have a manchester Physics Interview In two weeks and I was hoping for some info/advice from those who have done this before, also I heard that Manchester accepts 100% of the People they interview for Physics and the interview is really just to inform what offer they give you, too what extent is this true, Thanks

I got an interview as well, in 2 weeks. I have no idea what is going to happen. Have they sent you info on your interview?
Hi,

I had my Physics interview today - it was really more like a virtual open day where there was a talk by the head of admissions and some current students. They did say when there that being in the interview stage meant there were going to give us offers, and that they would arrive within a week following the interview. The actual interview part lasted for about 30 mins and for me I was asked an ordinary A-Level sort of question and had to work through it alongside explaining why I wanted to study the subject, what parts interested me and why I had chosen Manchester. It was quite relaxed so I wouldn't worry, just be confident in your own ability and try your best!
Original post by BobJohnson105105
Hi,

I had my Physics interview today - it was really more like a virtual open day where there was a talk by the head of admissions and some current students. They did say when there that being in the interview stage meant there were going to give us offers, and that they would arrive within a week following the interview. The actual interview part lasted for about 30 mins and for me I was asked an ordinary A-Level sort of question and had to work through it alongside explaining why I wanted to study the subject, what parts interested me and why I had chosen Manchester. It was quite relaxed so I wouldn't worry, just be confident in your own ability and try your best!

That's great! Thank you!
Original post by chrissyr505
I got an interview as well, in 2 weeks. I have no idea what is going to happen. Have they sent you info on your interview?

they sent me an email saying they would send me information the Wednesday prior to my interview (today) so I guess you will get sent the info next week, the UCAS invitation I got had literally no info so I did email them a few weeks ago to confirm it would be online.
Original post by BobJohnson105105
Hi,

did they ask you about your personal statement?
Has anyone had their interview yet? If so, how did it go?

Mine went quite well, I got an offer so that's good.

how did yours go?
Original post by UserName734
Mine went quite well, I got an offer so that's good.

I have mine this week, and I'm quite nervous. Did they focus on your personal statement, or did they just ask physics questions?
I had my interview this year and just wanted to add my experience for future applicants. It was almost like a post-offer visit day. The interview itself seemed to vary quite drastically depending on the member of academic staff that was interviewing you. Mine was quite a simple suvat question with some unit conversions, I noticed the applicants that didn't take further maths got asked some relatively complex a-level maths questions (differential equations), one of the applicants I was with was asked how you would measure the mass of an astronaut in space, the answer apparently was a spring system. I was asked a lot about my personal statement but some people were never asked about theirs at all. We were told that we'd all probably receive a standard offer of A*A*A and they purposefully offered that to undersubscribe the course come results day, and then based the rest of the spots on interview performance. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending