The Student Room Group

Something that has been bugging me

Not "with" in the sexual sense of the word, I was just at a party in a nightclub and she was there.

Anyway.

She got off with this bloke very publically, not a surprise because she has been after a sort of fling with someone for a while.

But afterwards she came onto the dancefloor where I was having a laugh with a mate and sort of came in between us and said hello etc, then started hugging me. Admitedly I was sort of trying to ignore her originally, not because I had a problem with her at all, just because I was having a laugh with my mate at the time and I knew she'd probably want to start speaking to me etc, but she made it impossible to ignore her by standing right infront of me etc etc.

I left the dancefloor quite shortly afterwards because I didn't really feel comfortable with it when the guy she had been getting off with could probably see. So she then followed me to the bar and started speaking to me, then told me that she got off with this guy and how fit he is etc.

Thought nothing of it at the time, but then realised it's quite a strange thing to do, to go and pull someone then just randomly tell people about it, especially as we aren't really that close, if it was me that had been getting off with a girl I wouldn't ever think to go and tell her for no apperent reason, for example.

I have just thought that maybe this was some ploy to try and make me jealous maybe. Obviously I'll never know for sure but I just wondered that from people's experiences on this board whether or not that sounds realistic or whether I am just being over-analytical and she probably just said it at face value and didn't intend anything by it.

All responses appreciated.
Reply 1
Why does it bugg you? Do you like this "girl"?
Reply 2
Lyndzxx
Why does it bugg you? Do you like this "girl"?

Erm, well kind of but that's not really the point.

I don't know what it's bugging me but it just suddenly came to me a couple hours ago and I can't stop wondering about it, guess I am just naturally inquisitive.
Reply 3
Well how about talking to her about it? It might help you get over it? I guess you are.
Reply 4
If she was drunk theres one explaination of why she could have told you
My second option would be jealousy...do you two have history.

Lyndz I'm loving the avatar
Reply 5
Thanks cinder! yours is cool too :biggrin:

I was going to say that too cinder :smile:

It might also help if you stop putting too much importance on it, and try to stop thinking about it.
Reply 6
No, there is no history and she had only been there for an hour or so so she wasn't drunk

It's not something which is really grating on me or anything, it just suddenly came to my attention and I just wondered what other people thought of it.

I have no intention of getting with her or anything because I am going to uni in september, I just thought it was a bit of a strange thing for her to do and if I'm honest, if I wasn't going to uni I would go out with her in a shot.

About a week ago we were up all night talking about stuff, but we haven't really been close freinds that much in all the time I've known her.
Reply 7
Well i don't know what to make of it all, since i don't know you or her. Well now you think it's not such a problem at all then keep thinking that way :smile:
She sounds like she really has problems; probably telling you (maybe she knows you like her and wants to see if u get jealous perhaps?) about her pulling the guy because she wants attention and wants to show off. She sounds really immature and i would steer clear of her if i were you..
Reply 9
alexandra
She sounds like she really has problems; probably telling you (maybe she knows you like her and wants to see if u get jealous perhaps?) about her pulling the guy because she wants attention and wants to show off. She sounds really immature and i would steer clear of her if i were you..

The thing is she isn't immature though and I really doubt she'd do anything like that spitefully.

I don't even massively fancy her, she is hot and is a nice person but I know a lot of girls like that.

There could be a million reasons for it I suppose. I'm just not used to girls doing stuff like that to me. It sounds arrogant but I guess she could like me and just be doing that to see what sort of reaction she gets.

As I say, it isn't driving me insane or anything, it just popped into my head a few hours ago and has made me wonder a bit.

Latest

Trending

Trending