The Student Room Group

Want to improve my social life in the new year, need advice

For 2014 I want to be more social, and have a better life. I'm 17, and never been invited to house parties or outing with anyone else in my year.

Although I have started talking to new people in the Sixth Form, mainly those in my form and classes, I've found that people are quite closed in their social groups that formed in previous years. I also struggle with the fact that I'm (in my opinion unfairly), associated with the "special needs" people in my year, who made up most of my form last year. I also rarely converse with people outside of school only talking to a few people online, and struggle to start and keep conversations going.

What would be a good way to try and improve my social life in the new year?
I'm in the same boat as you and I'm thinking of going to a youthclub in my area:-) and also I realised that people dont eat you if u start a random convo with them so try and do that,mayb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pm me if u need anyone to relate to ;-) I think talking to each other would be nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
First ..U have to get confidence in ur self
do every things that make u proud of ur self
I was like u when I was in highschool but then when I got high marks students come to me asking or any thing so then I knew them and now they r my best freinds

I hope u find alot of freinds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello
The best way to make new friends is to put yourself out there a bit. I was unhappy with my friendships at college but then I decided to changed.A girl in another group smiled at me so I struck up a conversation with her about the college ball when we were both in the toilets(random I know) . Then she added me on fb and we became friends. Be prepared that some people may be closed off but don't take it personally. Also maybe try going to a club either at sixth form or out of sixth form.
Take care!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Try and join clubs or get involved with school activities, for example helping with the school play or joining a sports team perhaps? That will help you meet loads of new people and if you just strike up conversation with them, gradually the friendship will build and they will hopefully introduce you to their friends as well and so on it goes...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending