The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Advice from offer holdher to 2014 LSE BSc Eocnomics applicants

Hey guys happy new years

I thought I would give out some advice to 2014 applicants applying for 2015/16 courses for Bsc economics.

I currently hold an offer for Bsc economics and I am an international applicant from New Zealand.

Basically the two most important things that I reckon is crucial to getting an offer from LSE is your personal statement and your A level subjects choice.

Not gonna lie, you have higher chance if you have Economics, Maths and Further maths. Take these subjects. As long as you have As from these subjects in your AS,your UMS/module grades doesn't really matter. I'm not sure about others but I didn't have to send my UMS or module grades.

Also, heaps of people in tsr seems to be worried about their GCSE/IGCSE but you dont have to. I have 3A* 3A 1B and got an offer.

From reading all threads and pretty much everything there is on the internet, your offer really depends on your personal statement. Your GCSE, AS module grades, school reference, theses are all secondary to your personal statement. Don't worry too much if you think you havent dont enough extra-curricular stuff, if your not the school president, had no work experience at HSBC. Honestly, all that matters is that you show ur enthusiasm for the course you are applying to(plus you can exaggerate a bit with ur extra curriculars so itll be alg). Write about books you've read and how they made you fall in love with economics. then add some extracurricular stuff about a paragraph. So obvisouly, spend at least a month or two writing drafts and editing it.

I used Studential website's personal statement critique service, its really useful if your English grammar is not one of your best skills. It gives you advice on how to write more concise and everything. i really do recommend it. http://critique.studential.com/ (I'm getting a feeling that Im almost advertising this website...)

If you have any questions please ask me :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by james0527
Not gonna lie, you have higher chance if you have Economics, Maths and Further maths. Take these subjects. As long as you have As from these subjects in your AS,your UMS/module grades doesn't really matter. I'm not sure about others but I didn't have to send my UMS or module grades.

I think all applications for BSc Economics (at least those in the UK/those who take A levels, I can't be sure) fill out a UMS questionnaire. This is important. I don't think my PS was that good, but my UMS especially in Maths and Econ were high.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Mike_123
I think all applications for BSc Economics (at least those in the UK/those who take A levels, I can't be sure) fill out a UMS questionnaire. This is important. I don't think my PS was that good, but my UMS especially in Maths and Econ were high.

hmm okay I could be wrong. Did LSE email you to fill out the UMS questionnaire? It may be because I'm an international applicant I wasn't asked to fill out a questionnaire form
Reply 3
Original post by james0527
hmm okay I could be wrong. Did LSE email you to fill out the UMS questionnaire? It may be because I'm an international applicant I wasn't asked to fill out a questionnaire form

Yep. I'm not sure how the system works so I can't be sure either. Well done anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending