The Student Room Group

Ex cold and short with me after she DUMPED me and said she wants to be friends?

Is this logical, ex breaks up with you and says she wants to be friends. You don't speak to this ex for a couple weeks, the ex reaches out to see how you are, you don't respond as your trying to get over them.

They reach out again, your feeling fine and over it so you respond and they are cold and short with you? Does this make any logical sense? Your just being friendly as you are over the situation but they are cold and short with you after telling you they wanted to stay friends with you in the first place?

Does this make sense?
Reply 1
No to be fair this really does make no logical sense. It's very strange to be honest.

My advice is to just literally ignore these silly texts and move on.

It's for the best.

B
Reply 2
Original post by bstar
No to be fair this really does make no logical sense. It's very strange to be honest.

My advice is to just literally ignore these silly texts and move on.

It's for the best.

B

She jus messaged me again, just asking a trivial question. Do you reckon i should just fully ignore it from now. Or should i just reply normally and then just cut contact?
Original post by Anonymous
She jus messaged me again, just asking a trivial question. Do you reckon i should just fully ignore it from now. Or should i just reply normally and then just cut contact?

It seems like she only messaged you because you haven't been begging her to take you back.

Honestly, it seems like she just wants an ego boost. I wouldn't respond at all.
Just break it off with her completely...
Reply 5

Just don't bother. If she questions you in the future say you had trouble with your phone and you changed your number or something.

Normally works.

Best of luck.

B
This is an attention seeking issue. She doesn't like the fact she was the one to message first,no less to not get replied to that now she's being short, suggesting she's doing you the favour by texting you, as if you're the one begging attention. If I were you, I would take the piss. Only reply to messages every 4-5days and make it very clear you have read the message and been online a lot (change you dp etc). If she gets angry, just say you have been busy and you reply only when you have time. Let her realise your life doesn't revolve around her.
Reply 7
Original post by stargirl63
This is an attention seeking issue. She doesn't like the fact she was the one to message first,no less to not get replied to that now she's being short, suggesting she's doing you the favour by texting you, as if you're the one begging attention. If I were you, I would take the piss. Only reply to messages every 4-5days and make it very clear you have read the message and been online a lot (change you dp etc). If she gets angry, just say you have been busy and you reply only when you have time. Let her realise your life doesn't revolve around her.

Hahaha that is funny man, or should i not reply at all and just leave her to play her childish games with herself? I was so surprised when she was being short with me it is unreal, it's like here i am putting the past aside and being normal and friendly after you dumped me and your being short with me, like your the one who got dumped? Ridiculous, i just stopped replying now and then she message again asking a trivial question. I'm thinking of just ignoring it and being done with it and just never replying but your idea sounds funny man.

Do you think not replying is stooping to her level of being short and cold or should i just reply infrequently like whenever i have time.
Hahaha that is funny man, or should i not reply at all and just leave her to play her childish games with herself? I was so surprised when she was being short with me it is unreal, it's like here i am putting the past aside and being normal and friendly after you dumped me and your being short with me, like your the one who got dumped? Ridiculous, i just stopped replying now and then she message again asking a trivial question. I'm thinking of just ignoring it and being done with it and just never replying but your idea sounds funny man.

Do you think not replying is stooping to her level of being short and cold or should i just reply infrequently like whenever i have time.

I'm not particularly one to take the high road. A lot of the time people that act like this will not realise you're not stooping to their level, they will just think they have got to you, which is why you're not replying, not retaliating back etc etc. I'm a big believer of giving them a taste of their medicine. Being short and cold with her, gives her ammunition to have a go at you for something and perhaps start an argument, which , lets be honest, it's past all that now and what she says is rather irrelevant to waste time arguing about.

I just recommend that you reply back every 4-5 days, should she complain that she's even getting this little bit of attention (because technically you're doing her a favour by talking to her) just tell her that you have been busy and reply back when you have time (while showing that you have not been that busy eg changing your dp). It will aggravate her no end, but at the same time, what's she going to say because you have not ignored her and you have replied, just in your own time. Should she question this "oh I didn't realise your message was urgent to reply to straight away :rolleyes:"

Basically anything that you say to her, be sickly sweet, such as you're not causing an argument, because you haven't said or done anything offensive buttt..... she's your ex, I'm sure you know the buttons to push. I did this with my ex and it worked wonders, plus provided entertainment for me.
Reply 9
Well she said she wanted to be your friend, but she's not being a very good friend, so if it were me I'd just forget about her and cut contact. Simple as that.

You could mess around with her for fun, but in the end I don't really find it fun to piss off people I had a genuine connection with. She's not respecting you much here, or acting in a very respectful manner, but that doesn't mean you should drop the respect for her, she just has some emotional turmoil to get over and cutting contact would probably help her heal faster.
Reply 10
Cut contact, move on.

I see threads like this daily. Truth is the majority of people can't remain friends after a relationship. Most of the time when people ask to remain friends they simply mean to be civil with each other.
She's probably resentful of the fact that you're "fine".

Either because of the fact that she still has feelings for you and she isn't fine herself, or because she just hates the fact that you can have a normal life without her. I went through similar when I broke up with my partner, but luckily we ended up getting back together and are still together three years later.

It's simple: ask her whether she wants to be friends or not, and tell her that if she does, she has to talk to you properly and give you a bit of respect.
Reply 12
Original post by stargirl63
I'm not particularly one to take the high road. . . I'm a big believer of giving them a taste of their medicine.

. . . It will aggravate her no end, but at the same time, what's she going to say because you have not ignored her and you have replied, just in your own time. Should she question this "oh I didn't realise your message was urgent to reply to straight away :rolleyes:"

Basically anything that you say to her, be sickly sweet, such as you're not causing an argument, because you haven't said or done anything offensive buttt..... she's your ex, I'm sure you know the buttons to push. I did this with my ex and it worked wonders, plus provided entertainment for me.

:eek: someone as cold as me :date: :heart::handkiss: ? xD
Original post by Capn cas
:eek: someone as cold as me :date: :heart::handkiss: ? xD

haha well helloo :beer::heart:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending