The Student Room Group

Cambridge Rejects

Yesterday I was sent my rejection by Cambridge, and I know many others are in the same boat, so I've decided to make something amusing out of it, and have created a blog about my life post Cambridge rejection. Hopefully it'll make any fellow rejects smile- or offer holders too for that matter..!
http://thecambridgereject.wordpress.com

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by sophie.isabella
Yesterday I was sent my rejection by Cambridge, and I know many others are in the same boat, so I've decided to make something amusing out of it, and have created a blog about my life post Cambridge rejection. Hopefully it'll make any fellow rejects smile- or offer holders too for that matter..!

Interesting read, and sorry to hear about that.

Are you an international applicant?

They really asked you about twerking? :biggrin:
Reply 2
that was a pretty amusing blog, nice writing! Got pooled, and likely will be rejected soon, so maybe I will write a blog too - probably not good as yours though. Good Luck, you seem pretty cool, funny and chilled! You sound nothing like a nerd or anything, maybe that is why you got rejected :wink: (not being discriminating, just seen so many nerds get in) I am sad that they dont value your social behaviour or anything, because I laughed quite a lot with my interviewees. :smile:
Reply 3
Did you really wear a tartan mini-skirt?
Reply 4
lol he doesnt deserve it
Reply 5
At least you were invited to interview. I couldn't even send my application because my referee was tardy. Sigh.
Why don't you just get over it?
Very interesting read OP. its great that you're focussing on the positives. Always remember everything happens for a reason :h:

What are your other offers if you don't mind me asking
Reply 8

Thank you for this. My son received his rejection a couple of hours ago and it's very tough watching the disappointment and the attempts to put on a brave face. We are very proud that he was selected for interview and that he has four other good offers. He's an incredibly bright, articulate, creative person and it's Cambridge's loss.

I know you'll be fine. Good luck wherever you decide to go.
Some people get far too emotionally involved in their Oxbridge applications. :sigh:

But OP, and anyone else who got rejected, you can be relieved that you didn't get into Cambridge. It's a great opportunity and qualification, but it's bloody hard work at Cambridge. I'm always amazed at how little work my friends at other universities are doing.

Also, OP, you're blog post reminded me of this song:

[video="youtube;ZOP2NUbG2iY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOP2NUbG2iY[/video]
Original post by TheHenri
that was a pretty amusing blog, nice writing! Got pooled, and likely will be rejected soon, so maybe I will write a blog too - probably not good as yours though. Good Luck, you seem pretty cool, funny and chilled! You sound nothing like a nerd or anything, maybe that is why you got rejected :wink: (not being discriminating, just seen so many nerds get in) I am sad that they dont value your social behaviour or anything, because I laughed quite a lot with my interviewees. :smile:

Thanks! Don't give up hope- it's not a rejection until you get the letter!
Original post by Secretnerd123
Very interesting read OP. its great that you're focussing on the positives. Always remember everything happens for a reason :h:

What are your other offers if you don't mind me asking

Thanks! I have 2 from Exeter and one from York so far!
Thanks! I have 2 from Exeter and one from York so far!

Congrats! Have you also applied for UCL? Its a great uni too..
Original post by Secretnerd123
Congrats! Have you also applied for UCL? Its a great uni too..

No, Edinburgh!
Your blog made me smile lol, don't worry about it loads of people didn't go Cambridge and they still made something worthwhile of themselves!
Original post by bestofyou
Did you really wear a tartan mini-skirt?

I did indeed! (well, it wasn't that short..) #noregrets
Original post by SharminaSyeda
Your blog made me smile lol, don't worry about it loads of people didn't go Cambridge and they still made something worthwhile of themselves!

I'm glad it did! Exactly, that's the right mindset to adopt!
Original post by Fudge96
Thank you for this. My son received his rejection a couple of hours ago and it's very tough watching the disappointment and the attempts to put on a brave face. We are very proud that he was selected for interview and that he has four other good offers. He's an incredibly bright, articulate, creative person and it's Cambridge's loss.

I know you'll be fine. Good luck wherever you decide to go.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm sure your son will do well wherever he ends up, and I'm also sure he appreciates your support. Their loss indeed!
I'm glad you made this thread. :smile:

But i'm actually sick of people defining their entire existence by which university they go to.

Not getting into Cambridge doesn't mean you failed in life. If that was the case all the hundreds of millions of happy and successful people who didn't go to Cambridge wouldn't exist.

So in the great words of someone. Man the **** up and remember you control your own life and destiny not your regrets and bull****.

I'm also curious as to what your other options were, so quote me people :biggrin:
Original post by Blueray2
I'm glad you made this thread. :smile:

But i'm actually sick of people defining their entire existence by which university they go to.

Not getting into Cambridge doesn't mean you failed in life. If that was the case all the hundreds of millions of happy and successful people who didn't go to Cambridge wouldn't exist.

So in the great words of someone. Man the **** up and remember you control your own life and destiny not your regrets and bull****.

I'm also curious as to what your other options were, so quote me people :biggrin:

Exactly!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending