Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I have:

•9 Science- C1/2/3 P1/2/3 B1/2/3
•2 Maths
•4 RS- B601/2/3/4
•4 Spanish- reading & directed writing, listening, oral and continuos writing
•1 English Lang
•4 English Lit- Of mice and men, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, An Inspector Calls and unseen poetry
•2 Geography
•1 ICT
•Drama final controlled exam

Total exams=28
Original post by LFC08
Lucky you! And what's that? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't you guys done your coursework for bio, physics and chem?
Reply 82
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Nice, how comes you done Triple Science early?

The school that I attend decided I was ready to start Triple Science in year 9 when really I wasn't... I completed the computing GCSE in year 9 too... Way too early! I started Triple Science in year 9 by the way.
Original post by TheBluePianist

I've done my Chemistry and Physics coursework. Pretty much done all of my coursework apart from English (Spoken Language Study), History (USA 1919-1941) and Biology (Muscles).

I have like 21 if my friend counted correctly, with no study leave and eveb more mocks before the real exams. Kill me now :frown:
I have a total of 24:
9 science
2 maths
3 english lang/lit
2 R.S
3 geography
2 spanish
1 textiles
2 business studies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86

Oh right, well we have done 1 Physics, 1 Biology and 2 Chemistry. We start our second Physics before half term, and our second Biology after half term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben44
The school that I attend decided I was ready to start Triple Science in year 9 when really I wasn't... I completed the computing GCSE in year 9 too... Way too early! I started Triple Science in year 9 by the way.

Unlucky man, so just try to do your best in your other GCSEs and I'm sure they'll make up for it.

Original post by majmuh24
I have like 21 if my friend counted correctly, with no study leave and eveb more mocks before the real exams. Kill me now :frown:

Why don't you get study leave? I would focus on my real exams rather than mocks, cos it doesn't matter as much if you do worse in them...

Why don't you get study leave? I would focus on my real exams rather than mocks, cos it doesn't matter as much if you do worse in them...

I don't know, my school is just annoying like that but I think that when all the exams for a subject are done, it gets taken off your timetable

Yeah, but they are good practice and are pretty much immediately before the real exams so that is pretty annoying. I guess there are some things that can only be checked near the end of the year, like triple science units and stuff, but at least there's one subject that I'm confident on (Maths FTW :biggrin:)

One major problem is that my biology teacher has been ill and we've only done 1 topic since the start of the year, so we have to cover the rest of B3 by the end of the year which is really long, especially since biology is my worst subject :unimpressed:

What GCSEs do you do?

Which exam board are you on? 😶

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know, my school is just annoying like that but I think that when all the exams for a subject are done, it gets taken off your timetable

So do you not go to school? Or do they replace it with another subject?

Yeah, but they are good practice and are pretty much immediately before the real exams so that is pretty annoying. I guess there are some things that can only be checked near the end of the year, like triple science units and stuff, but at least there's one subject that I'm confident on (Maths FTW :biggrin:)

My school's having mocks next week, which then the predicted grades will come from, Yep Maths is the best...

One major problem is that my biology teacher has been ill and we've only done 1 topic since the start of the year, so we have to cover the rest of B3 by the end of the year which is really long, especially since biology is my worst subject :unimpressed:

Since mid-year 9 I've B1, C1, P1, P2, and am currently doing C2, after I finish C2, I have to learn B2,B3,B4,B5,B6,C3,C4,C5,C6,P3,P4,P5 and P6.

What GCSEs do you do?

Maths
Statistics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
English Language
English Literature
Religious Studies

Basically we do 2 subjects for examination in year 10, and four in year 11, so Geography and history are my examined subjects for this summer, we have one lesson in two weeks for my others.
Geography
Economics
History
Spanish
ICT
Sociology
Original post by JasmineMariah
Which exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR
How long before the exams are you starting to revise! I feel like if I start to revise now it won't benefit me by the time it is May/June but all the teachers are hinting at us to revise hmmmm
Are you in yr 11 now ?
Computing: 1 exam
History: 2 exams
English + Lit.: 3 exams
Further Additional Science: 3 exams
Sport: 1 exam
Music: 1 exam
+ Maths AEA

= 12 exams total. ^^
(edited 10 years ago)
So do you not go to school? Or do they replace it with another subject?

My school's having mocks next week, which then the predicted grades will come from, Yep Maths is the best...

Since mid-year 9 I've B1, C1, P1, P2, and am currently doing C2, after I finish C2, I have to learn B2,B3,B4,B5,B6,C3,C4,C5,C6,P3,P4,P5 and P6.

Maths
Statistics
Biology
Chemistry
Physics
English Language
English Literature
Religious Studies

Basically we do 2 subjects for examination in year 10, and four in year 11, so Geography and history are my examined subjects for this summer, we have one lesson in two weeks for my others.
Geography
Economics
History
Spanish
ICT
Sociology

I think you just get study periods in place of the lesson so you can go home, which is pretty cool :smile:

I think we've had too many mocks, they don't seem to bother me any more :tongue: it is pretty annoying having no study leave though :frown:

All about the maths :tongue: r=1r=112\displaystyle\sum_{r=1}^{\infty}r=-\dfrac{1}{12}

I think you do things differently to us then, as we have 3 units for each science for a total of 9 and b3 is the hardest one so it means more work for me (which is bad because I'm really lazy :tongue:) What board are you on?

Interesting, I wanted to do Statistics or FM for GCSE but my school doesn't offer them, but I think they do the FMSQ which seems pretty interesting.

I wanted to do econ as well but only got Btec business which was annoying (although I've finished all my coursework so I don't do anything in lessons any more), how is it?
(edited 10 years ago)
OCR

Are you in year11? It's just I'm doing edexcel and we never do coursework :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JasmineMariah
Are you in year11? It's just I'm doing edexcel and we never do coursework :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, and lucky :frown: I wish we had no coursework
I think you just get study periods in place of the lesson so you can go home, which is pretty cool :smile:

I think we've had too many mocks, they don't seem to bother me any more :tongue: it is pretty annoying having no study leave though :frown:

All about the maths :tongue: r=1r=112\displaystyle\sum_{r=1}^{\infty}r=-\dfrac{1}{12}

I think you do things differently to us then, as we have 3 units for each science for a total of 9 and b3 is the hardest one so it means more work for me (which is bad because I'm really lazy :tongue:) What board are you on?

I'm guessing yo do Edexcel? I do OCR Gateway B Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Interesting, I wanted to do Statistics or FM for GCSE but my school doesn't offer them, but I think they do the FMSQ which seems pretty interesting.

Yeh, I'd recommend doing that, you seem excellent at maths, so it would be a good qualification to have...

I wanted to do econ as well but only got Btec business which was annoying (although I've finished all my coursework so I don't do anything in lessons any more), how is it?

Yeh I'm doing economics cos I wanna do it at a-level, so grasp the basics at GCSE level, so it could prepare me...
r=1r=112\displaystyle\sum_{r=1}^{\infty}r=-\dfrac{1}{12}

Lies.

Quick Reply

Latest