The Student Room Group

Please can i get some advice about what to do

I have no idea what to do, any advice would be very appreciated. so i did my gcses last summer but i did very bad in them, so currently im on a Level 2 btec, and i want to go onto a level 3 business course with an A Level (maths) next year however i only got a 4 in maths cause i wasnt able to go into school and i didnt study at home. so now im unsure what to do because the private exam centre where i would retake my maths has ran out of space so i wont be able to enter into the summer one this year, but i also want to do Maths A Level which is online. So while im studying for the maths A level will i learn what i need to know for the GCSE that i will have to resit in november? #Maths
I would really recommend looking into the specification of the A level maths course you want to study and figure out if you will need previous GCSE knowledge in order to be able to complete this. GCSE is the basis for the A-Level course so it is helpful to know the content as much as you can (use youtube videos and questions to help), but to start with prioritise getting the grade you need to study maths A-Level during your GCSE resit, then focus on getting the hang of A-Level whilst still attending classes online.
Reply 2
Original post by Hexxon
I have no idea what to do, any advice would be very appreciated. so i did my gcses last summer but i did very bad in them, so currently im on a Level 2 btec, and i want to go onto a level 3 business course with an A Level (maths) next year however i only got a 4 in maths cause i wasnt able to go into school and i didnt study at home. so now im unsure what to do because the private exam centre where i would retake my maths has ran out of space so i wont be able to enter into the summer one this year, but i also want to do Maths A Level which is online. So while im studying for the maths A level will i learn what i need to know for the GCSE that i will have to resit in november? #Maths
Can you not find another centre even if it does mean a late fee?
Reply 3
Original post by Scotney
Can you not find another centre even if it does mean a late fee?
i didnt mind the late fee, but the only one i could find was in london and i live in manchester, so i wouldnt be able to get there by 9am or whenever the morning exam starts
Reply 4
Original post by jengablocks79
I would really recommend looking into the specification of the A level maths course you want to study and figure out if you will need previous GCSE knowledge in order to be able to complete this. GCSE is the basis for the A-Level course so it is helpful to know the content as much as you can (use youtube videos and questions to help), but to start with prioritise getting the grade you need to study maths A-Level during your GCSE resit, then focus on getting the hang of A-Level whilst still attending classes online.
Thankyou, so do you think i should wait till the november resit, try get a high grade for that then start the A level course after i do the resit? with the online one im doing i could start in november of this year and do my exams november of 2026
Original post by Hexxon
Thankyou, so do you think i should wait till the november resit, try get a high grade for that then start the A level course after i do the resit? with the online one im doing i could start in november of this year and do my exams november of 2026
If you think you need more time to revise the content, the november 2026 will still gain you the same qualification as if you did the exam in summer 2026. I really would recomend that you learn all of GCSE content first, then move onto the A-Level content post exam with fresh eyes.

Quick Reply

Latest