The Student Room Group

Application process

hello. i'm an overseas student who's currently in year 13.

i found out last may that i needed to do the GCSE english and maths exam.

i was actually supposed to do this at the start of my yr 12 (september) but no one told me anything. now i'm going to intervention classes for both at yr 13.

will it affect my application process for uni if i take the exams on summer and not on november?
Original post by starshapedtears

i was actually supposed to do this at the start of my yr 12 (september) but no one told me anything. now i'm going to intervention classes for both at yr 13.

will it affect my application process for uni if i take the exams on summer and not on november?

Hi @starshapedtears,

I understand your concern and your stresses. Firstly, I just want to mention that it's important to remember that you're not alone. Many students retake GCSE exams, and there are many resources available to help you succeed. I assure you, as long as you focus, you'll do incredibly!

I would also suggest to continue talking with your teachers and intervention class instructors. They will be the absolute best resource in giving you personalised advice and support.

Also, I would consider reaching out to your university choices. Let them know your situation and ask if they have any recommendations.

It is possible that taking the GCSE exams next summer may affect your university application process. Some universities may have deadlines for receiving applications with GCSE results. However, many other universities are flexible and will consider late applications, especially if you have a good explanation for the delay. So the most important advice I can say is to communicate with prospective universities as soon as possible, and share this information with them so as to improve your current situation

The other most important thing of course is to do your best to succeed in your GCSE exams. If you get good grades, you'll be in a strong position to apply to university. I'll be rooting for you!!:biggrin:

I hope this helps,

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative
Original post by starshapedtears

No if you show your courses as pending they will make offers including GCSE Maths and English grades but wont accept you until your GCSE results are known.

What I think you should do is contact the universities you are interested in to see whether they will accept you without them as you were abroad when students take those exams,
Original post by University of Kent
Hi @starshapedtears,

I understand your concern and your stresses. Firstly, I just want to mention that it's important to remember that you're not alone. Many students retake GCSE exams, and there are many resources available to help you succeed. I assure you, as long as you focus, you'll do incredibly!

I would also suggest to continue talking with your teachers and intervention class instructors. They will be the absolute best resource in giving you personalised advice and support.

Also, I would consider reaching out to your university choices. Let them know your situation and ask if they have any recommendations.

It is possible that taking the GCSE exams next summer may affect your university application process. Some universities may have deadlines for receiving applications with GCSE results. However, many other universities are flexible and will consider late applications, especially if you have a good explanation for the delay. So the most important advice I can say is to communicate with prospective universities as soon as possible, and share this information with them so as to improve your current situation

The other most important thing of course is to do your best to succeed in your GCSE exams. If you get good grades, you'll be in a strong position to apply to university. I'll be rooting for you!!:biggrin:

I hope this helps,

Warm regards,

David :smile:
University of Kent Representative

Thank you so much for your response.

I had talked to my intervention class instructors. However, one of them said i couldn't take the exam this november because i have never done it, and the other one is still in the verdict whether i should take the exam on nov or nxt summer.

I'll surely contact the unis i want to go to. Much gratitude.
Original post by swanseajack1
No if you show your courses as pending they will make offers including GCSE Maths and English grades but wont accept you until your GCSE results are known.

What I think you should do is contact the universities you are interested in to see whether they will accept you without them as you were abroad when students take those exams,

thank you very much. I'll surely contact them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending