The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Had such a rubbish day -sigh- what even is lifeeeee#

Hows everyone doing?
Original post by luckylaurax
Good because they take up large amounts of time, expensive phone bills, bus fares etc. and when you are dumped, it hurts a lot. It's great that you have attitude that you can be independent :smile:

I am very independent, I don't need anyone for anything, but I've never been in a relationship so there's nothing to miss. I honestly don't see the fascination with wanting to be with someome. I mean, sure, it's probably nice, but some people drive themselves crazy over it.
Original post by spiral87
When/how did it happen for you? :redface: The movies make us think our first time should be romantic and perfect, mine certainly was neither because I didn't know what I was doing and the person I was with really did. It was still a nice experience and I have no regrets. It would have been good if I'd actually fancied her, it was more 'I could' than 'I would' :colondollar:

Yes, I'm 17 now and it happened around a month ago. No guy had EVER taken interest in me before so it took me aback when I found out the guy fancied me, we got in a relationship and I was really nervous so it took quite a while before I could kiss him. The nerves meant I messed up big time and my mouth was really dry because of it so teeth clashed, try to stick tongue in second time etc. :biggrin: He had been with many women before and he didn't know it was my first kiss (I didn't tell him either!) It took around 3 attempts before I got it "right" and realised how to kiss properly.
Reply 983
Original post by Rainbow Student
X

Welcome! :smile:

Rock on! :rock:

Thought I would come back on this thread, got dumped on New Years by text so guess I'm here (hopefully not for good!) :tongue: So looking forward to Valentine's Day... :rolleyes:

Welcome! :smile: Yeaaaaah that sucks, still you have the opportunity to have a fun filled year! It's technically a fresh start if you're recently single heading into the new year :grin:
Original post by IDukem
I'd rather be loved and heartbroken to have never been loved at all.

No thanks
Original post by Tomsta
Try being rejected by your first love, that hurts BIG TIME
Rejection is really hard because it is usually taken personally as if there is somehow a fault in themselves :frown:
Reply 986
Rejection is really hard because it is usually taken personally as if there is somehow a fault in themselves :frown:

Trust me i know .... taken me about a year and a half to fully accept it, i still hve feelings for her but i know that me and her can never be
Reply 987
I'm not sure if I'm lucky or unlucky.

Yes, I've never been in a relationship (:frown:) but I've never been rejected (since I don't ask!)
Original post by lauraaaaa
I am very independent, I don't need anyone for anything, but I've never been in a relationship so there's nothing to miss. I honestly don't see the fascination with wanting to be with someome. I mean, sure, it's probably nice, but some people drive themselves crazy over it.
It was nice but some people, put being in a relationship on a pedestal. I did this silly mistake because it means that usually you push everyone else away and when they leave you, you are left heartbroken.
Reply 989
Yes, I'm 17 now and it happened around a month ago. No guy had EVER taken interest in me before so it took me aback when I found out the guy fancied me, we got in a relationship and I was really nervous so it took quite a while before I could kiss him. The nerves meant I messed up big time and my mouth was really dry because of it so teeth clashed, try to stick tongue in second time etc. :biggrin: He had been with many women before and he didn't know it was my first kiss (I didn't tell him either!) It took around 3 attempts before I got it "right" and realised how to kiss properly.

That must have boosted your confidence quite a lot then? :biggrin: Was he the one you recently broke up with? :colondollar:

Imagine the other person being so experienced, they're forcing your jaw open with their tongue before your lips have even met, that's how my first kiss went, haha. I had to push her off of me :lol: I spent the night with her though, by my 'third' attempt I'd also perfected it :wink: Seems a magic number!
Original post by Tomsta
Trust me i know .... taken me about a year and a half to fully accept it, i still hve feelings for her but i know that me and her can never be
Do you still talk? :frown:
Reply 991
Do you still talk? :frown:

Yes, we are still cloest and best friends

I even wrote her a love letter (and actually sent it) she knows everything about my feelings towards her
Reply 992
Being single is great, you save a lot of money.

I'm gonna be 21 this year and I've always been single. I've never even known if someone's ever liked me though I've been told that it's because I don't act confident enough or at least try to flirt with a girl. I have a habit of showing zero interest in a girl, though that's just because I don't like to get my hopes up. I would like it though if I knew someone liked me, especially one of the girls I like.

However, if I had to choose between a girlfriend and a ps4, I'd go with a ps4. It'll never leave me or ask alot from me. It's the perfect girlfriend.
Original post by spiral87
That must have boosted your confidence quite a lot then? :biggrin: Was he the one you recently broke up with? :colondollar:

Imagine the other person being so experienced, they're forcing your jaw open with their tongue before your lips have even met, that's how my first kiss went, haha. I had to push her off of me :lol: I spent the night with her though, by my 'third' attempt I'd also perfected it :wink: Seems a magic number!

Yes, it boosted my confidence by miles because next time at least I know I won't mess up so badly! He tried to put his tongue in and I actually started choking and I pulled away embarrassed. He started to apologise over and over again. It's humorous to me now because he thought I didn't want to kiss him. However, my confidence fell slightly again when he told me he only viewed me as a friend when he left me. But it's a good feeling knowing that that i'm not repulsive or anything so I should be able to be kissed again :biggrin:
Original post by Tomsta
Yes, we are still cloest and best friends

I even wrote her a love letter (and actually sent it) she knows everything about my feelings towards her

Did you send it after she rejected you? How did she react when you told her all this stuff and sent her a love letter?
Reply 995
Original post by AnJuM218

I'm gonna be 21 this year and I've always been single. I've never even known if someone's ever liked me though I've been told that it's because I don't act confident enough or at least try to flirt with a girl. I have a habit of showing zero interest in a girl, though that's just because I don't like to get my hopes up. I would like it though if I knew someone liked me, especially one of the girls I like.

However, if I had to choose between a girlfriend and a ps4, I'd go with a ps4. It'll never leave me or ask alot from me. It's the perfect girlfriend.

Lol'ed big time when I read this:L

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't think anyone's ever fancied me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 997
Original post by Jack22031994

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :frown:
Original post by AnJuM218

Really - what if a beautiful girl asked you out? The ps4 would still win?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 999
Original post by Jack22031994

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Robbie242
Same :frown:

How would you guys know?? U dont read minds haha:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest