The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Original post by StartSomething
I've finished uni now.

Ha I managed to get some food without seeing anyone.

Get some aims and goals in your life for you to strive towards :biggrin:

Aww so lucky!

I have to fry something. :frown:

Aims and goals have never really worked for me. Even my poor grades show that.
Original post by senz72
Aww so lucky!

I have to fry something. :frown:

Aims and goals have never really worked for me. Even my poor grades show that.

Ah no.

I got poor grades in first and second year. Then I realised what I really wanted and worked really hard, and it paid off as my grades in third and fourth year demonstrated.
Original post by senz72
Reversing around the corner is the devil manouvre. Have you actually seen someone use it before?

I have never seen anyone use it. Ever. It's a bit pointless :tongue: But, by 'turn in the road' I meant '3 point turn'. Apparently you can't call it that any more...:rolleyes:
Original post by lauraaaaa
At least you didn't start crying in your instructors car and have a full on breakdown hahaha

Well, at least you got it out of the way haha :biggrin:
Reply 1783
Original post by sarcasmrules
I have never seen anyone use it. Ever. It's a bit pointless :tongue: But, by 'turn in the road' I meant '3 point turn'. Apparently you can't call it that any more...:rolleyes:

I know! That was odd because I always asked my instructor is this the 3 point turn (when we were doing turning in the road) and he'd just ignore me for some reason.
Reply 1784
Ah no.

I got poor grades in first and second year. Then I realised what I really wanted and worked really hard, and it paid off as my grades in third and fourth year demonstrated.

Ah nice!

How comes you're living with other people? Are they your friends?
Reply 1785
Turns out I can't cook since someone has stuck tape all over the kitchen as if it were one of those laser things in which you can't touch it. :frown:
Original post by senz72
Ah nice!

How comes you're living with other people? Are they your friends?

I had to move away for my job to a town where I had never been before, and didn't know anyone there. So I went to live with a bunch of random people that I didn't know who turned out to be quite nice and good flatmates :biggrin:

I am going to buy a house soon though. I just want my own place.
Original post by senz72
I know! That was odd because I always asked my instructor is this the 3 point turn (when we were doing turning in the road) and he'd just ignore me for some reason.

It's because apparently 'you can do it in as many moves as it is necessary'. Which kinda makes sense, especially if you are told to do the manoeuvre in some tiny backstreet.

P.s. When my instructor was learning to drive, she had to do it in three moves, without power steering too :eek:
(edited 10 years ago)
I'll babysit for you, I love kids :smile:

Well I hate kids but I love money so hey ho :P
Original post by itssimplyme
Shush, stop complaining! Found your phone yet btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah whY?
Original post by Tom_green_day
Yeah whY?

I wrote that before we started texting..
Is it wrong to go to bed this early?
Well I hate kids but I love money so hey ho :P

I'd do it even if I didn't get paid :smile:
I'd do it even if I didn't get paid :smile:

Really? That's crazy! I'd probably kill myself!
Reply 1794

Can't be as bad as me watching 'The Jump' :lol:
Reply 1795

No no, there's nothing wrong with that!

I need to start sleeping early. I usually only get in bed at a 3:30 in the morn. :frown:
Original post by IDukem
Can't be as bad as me watching 'The Jump' :lol:

Is it bad?

I have even turned the TV off. That's how serious I am about going to bed.

Original post by senz72
No no, there's nothing wrong with that!

I need to start sleeping early. I usually only get in bed at a 3:30 in the morn. :frown:

Eurgh I used to go to bed at ridiculous times too as a student. Might as well make the most of it while you can :biggrin:

These days, I feel rubbish the next day if I go to bed at that time in the morning. When I feel so crappy after a night out, most of the time I think it's because of the late night rather than the alcohol.
Reply 1797
Is it bad?

I have even turned the TV off. That's how serious I am about going to bed.

Classic case of the concept being great, but the presenting and execution being poor and very awkward :lol:
Really? That's crazy! I'd probably kill myself!

I love kids, and they like me :3
Original post by IDukem
Classic case of the concept being great, but the presenting and execution being poor and very awkward :lol:

Haha oh dear. You convinced me and I turned on the TV to see if it was still on, then Despicable Me caught my eye. There goes me going to bed at 8.30.
... Not that it's 8.30 anymore :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest