The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Applied for eng lit and eng lit with creative writing please help

I've applied for both English Literature and English Literature with Creative Writing at UEA, but the course I really want to do is the one with creative writing!

Will the fact that I've applied for straight English lit as well harm my chances of getting on to the creative writing course???

They might think it shows a lack of commitment or I'm not determined to do creative writing even though I really am, the straight English course is my fifth choice I just put it down because I like the uni, whereas the creative writing course is my first choice.

The deadline is literally tomorrow so if I'm going to substitute the English lit. course I need to do it today!
Original post by Susej Christ
I've applied for both English Literature and English Literature with Creative Writing at UEA, but the course I really want to do is the one with creative writing!

Will the fact that I've applied for straight English lit as well harm my chances of getting on to the creative writing course???

They might think it shows a lack of commitment or I'm not determined to do creative writing even though I really am, the straight English course is my fifth choice I just put it down because I like the uni, whereas the creative writing course is my first choice.

The deadline is literally tomorrow so if I'm going to substitute the English lit. course I need to do it today!

Don't worry, I don't think it'll matter at all. It'd be more of an issue if you had applied for two completely different courses :smile: I think this is probably quite a common thing to do so I can't see them having any problems with it!

(Plus, my friend applied for English Literature with Creative Writing and BIOLOGY at Lancaster and still got both offers regardless of how different they are :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
I think they have to consider applications for different courses individually, so it shouldn't matter. :smile:
I've applied to English Literature with Creative Writing but I wish I would've applied to American Lit with Creative Writing as well instead of one of my other choices because I really want to go to UEA...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending