The Student Room Group

Overrated Films

what Films have you seen and found them to be overrated?

Scroll to see replies

No Country For Old Men - apart from one scene, this is one of the most boring, dull films I've ever seen.
Burn After Reading - slow, boring, meant to be a (black) comedy but only one or two funny scenes that actually made me laugh.
Lion King - I can't believe how high that people actually rate this. Up, WALL-E, Kung Fu Panda 2, Monsters Inc. are far superior to this stupid film.
The Hangover - just plain stupidity. Relies on dirty references to keep you entertained, it's just dumb.
Borat - (see The Hangover).
Reply 2
Lost in Translation. Just no.
Reply 3
Anchorman. It's a very average film and you all know it.
I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, the Harry Potter films :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Anchorman. It's a very average film and you all know it.

This. It's not even funny.
Reply 6
Original post by The_Dragonborn
No Country For Old Men - apart from one scene, this is one of the most boring, dull films I've ever seen.
Burn After Reading - slow, boring, meant to be a (black) comedy but only one or two funny scenes that actually made me laugh.
Lion King - I can't believe how high that people actually rate this. Up, WALL-E, Kung Fu Panda 2, Monsters Inc. are far superior to this stupid film.
The Hangover - just plain stupidity. Relies on dirty references to keep you entertained, it's just dumb.
Borat - (see The Hangover).

:mad: That was an AMAZING film. The cinematography was awesome, one of the the few films that really deserved the Oscar. The rest are utter bull****(except for the lion king that I haven't seen), I agree with you on them. But not a very good idea to put No Country for Old Men on that list, next to all that scum.
Reply 7
Every single film by James Cameron is overrated.
Original post by Lucy96
I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, the Harry Potter films :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's lucky for you that negs have gone :tongue:
Original post by CJG21
It's lucky for you that negs have gone :tongue:

Yep haha :tongue: think I've been negged in the past for saying it :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
This has been done before.

Avatar and Avengers lead the pack. Both terrible.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
This has been done before.

Avatar and Avengers lead the pack. Both terrible.

Avatar was very poor. Fell asleep watching it.
Paranormal Activity series...
G.I Joe,
whatever its called, Tatum and miller are awful actors.

I agree with lion king, there are much better films such as How to train your dragon.
the new superman was also grossly overrated, without a doubt.
Reply 15
Original post by arminb
Every single film by James Cameron is overrated.

His plots are trash but the scale of his films are impressive.
Twilight hands down...
The most recent one I can think of is American hustle. I'm not sure why its nominated for awards I thought it was quite poor
Reply 18
The Avengers

I liked it but I think the hype killed it for me, I was expecting more from it.
Reply 19
Taxi Driver and Life of Pi.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest