The Student Room Group
Reply 9980
Original post by Karma Charger
Nigel Reo Coker released by Villa. Interesting :beard:

I was thinking the same. :cookie:
Also what are your opinions on Shane Ferguson switching allegiances to ROI? Seems wrong to me, but you can't blame him for wanting to...
Reply 9982
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew expects a decision on Gervinho's future next weekend.

The Toon boss met the £15million-rated Lille striker, 24, last week but he faces competition from Arsenal and Liverpool.

Gervinho wants to make a decision on his future after the Ivory Coast's Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Benin on June 5. He would prefer Champions League football next season after helping Lille to their first French title in 57 years this month.

Reply 9983
How do you guys rate Alan Smith?

Personally, I think his mindset is to make stupid tackles in order to be seen as passionate and fiery, to disguise his lack of ability.
Reply 9984
Original post by Fusion

Personally, I think his mindset is to make stupid tackles in order to be seen as passionate and fiery, to disguise his lack of ability.

I'd say 99% of Newcastle fans don't rate him and never want to see him wear the shirt again. One of the worst players i've ever seen play here.
Reply 9985
Original post by mau5

Don't think it's gonna happen (would like for it to), we'll probably just start a bidding war between other clubs.

Original post by Fusion

Don't rate him, he lost it after his leg injury.
Reply 9986
Original post by mau5
I'd say 99% of Newcastle fans don't rate him and never want to see him wear the shirt again. One of the worst players i've ever seen play here.

Bet he's on big bucks as well!
Reply 9987
Original post by kingkev
Don't think it's gonna happen (would like for it to), we'll probably just start a bidding war between other clubs.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, same with Gameiro aswell. Looks like Ba can leave on a free though, would be mad not to try and sign him up now.

Original post by Fusion
Bet he's on big bucks as well!

Yeah, in transfer fees and wages he'll have cost us the best part of £20 million. Talent to wage ratio he's probably the worst player to have earned money at the club, at least Michael Owen made some contributions to the team.
Reply 9988
Original post by mau5
Yeah that's what I'm thinking, same with Gameiro aswell. Looks like Ba can leave on a free though, would be mad not to try and sign him up now.

Different papers have different stories, some say Everton, Sunderland and us. He would be a good signing, free as well. At least offer the lad a contract.
Original post by mau5

Yeah, in transfer fees and wages he'll have cost us the best part of £20 million. Talent to wage ratio he's probably the worst player to have earned money at the club, at least Michael Owen made some contributions to the team.

I'd rate him better than Owen. Smith actually does try his best and give his all. If he wasn't on 50k a week i'd keep him as a squad player.
According to french media, we've signed Yohan Cabaye. Brilliant signing if true.
Original post by Karma Charger
According to french media, we've signed Yohan Cabaye. Brilliant signing if true.

Link? Where's he play? What club?
Original post by Vintage
Link? Where's he play? What club?

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2011/05/28/111523_cabaye-vers-newcastle.html

He plays for Lille.
what position does he play?
Original post by Vintage
what position does he play?

Lol google it... Box to box midfielder, pretty much Barton's position.
Nearly time to start a new thread :ahee:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Nearly time to start a new thread :ahee:

I'll Start it since Stu & V1ny ain't here :wink:
Original post by Vintage
I'll Start it since Stu & V1ny ain't here :wink:

Good plan :smile: Make sure it has an epic first post, shame this one's first post isn't up to date :frown:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Good plan :smile: Make sure it has an epic first post, shame this one's first post isn't up to date :frown:

Ain't got the time yet. I'll basically copy Stu's but add a section from the past couple of seasons.
Original post by Vintage
Ain't got the time yet. I'll basically copy Stu's but add a section from the past couple of seasons.

Post 10,000 :ahee:

Latest