The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Grades And Transferring Credits To Open University

By the end of this year, I hope to have 320 credits to transfer to the open university from a Scottish university.

I'm not entirely sure though. I did second year entry to my Scottish uni, so I got given 120 of my credits for the first year of my degree based on my advanced highers. Does this mean I will actually have only 200 credits to transfer to the open uni?

It's 360 credits for an open uni degree, right? But there are 480 in a Scottish university degree, I think.

How will my degree classification at the open uni be worked out? Will my grades at my current uni matter?
It depends in what degree you want to transfer to as to how many credits they will transfer for you. The maximum they will let you transfer is 240 - the other 120 need to be done with the OU at level 3. It is the grades that you get on these credits that will determine your degree classification.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Original post by Flying Duck
It depends in what degree you want to transfer to as to how many credits they will transfer for you. The maximum they will let you transfer is 240 - the other 120 need to be done with the OU at level 3. It is the grades that you get on these credits that will determine your degree classification.

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Flying Duck

Just to clarify, do you mean that it is the 120 credits done with the OU that determine your degree classification? Or do you mean "these credits" as in the 240 you transferred and the remaining 120 you did with them?
Reply 4
Original post by nohomo
Just to clarify, do you mean that it is the 120 credits done with the OU that determine your degree classification? Or do you mean "these credits" as in the 240 you transferred and the remaining 120 you did with them?

I believe it's just the 120 you'll do with the OU that determine classification.
Reply 5
Original post by Kate.
I believe it's just the 120 you'll do with the OU that determine classification.

Thank you

Do you know about whether they'll accept all 240 of the credits I have already? 120 of them are because I did advanced highers so got 2nd year entry to my degree. They didn't come out of uni exams.
You'd need to ask OU and give them details of what units you've studied and what degree you want them transferring to. There's no straightforward answer.
Reply 7
HELLO I have just transferred my credits from Dundee.

Ask me questions about this and I can answer pretty much anything about this topic :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest