The Student Room Group

Step-dad earns too much, should I change my address?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
You have to give the address where you normally live, so what you're suggesting would be fraudulent. I'm sure you knew that. So what you're actually asking is, if you commit this fraud, how likely is it that SF will find out?

For starters, it's not common for children to live with their father rather than their mother after a separation, so SF might ask for proof that you live with your Dad e.g. being registered with a GP near him, qualifications from a school near him etc. What would you do then? If he doesn't live near your Mum, you'd be in trouble. Plus SF would use your Dad's address for all out-of-term correspondence, as would your uni. Do you see him regularly enough to make sure you get anything urgent?

Anything likely to be used by either SF or the uni, will need to be changed to reflect your Dad's address. This would also be fraudulent as you don't actually live there. Not an action to be taken lightly with legal documents like a passport and driving license.
Reply 2
P.S. Just a heads-up that you've asked this question under your real name and you can be identified - with your address - from that and your location. I'd consider deleting either this thread or editing your personal details.
Reply 3
If your real name is Lucy R Holmes then you're busted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucyrholmes
My mum is on ill-health retirement, but my step-dad earns quite a bit, which obviously factors into my "household income" and affects what I'm entitled to at university. My dad is on a really low salary, so should I change my address to his house and claim I have more contact with him than with my mum?

Only problem being, do I need to change my passport and my driving license as well? Because that'll be nearly £150, which I don't have.

I really am going to need all the financial support I can get, since I'll be moving over 250 miles away from home....

****ing rob him bruv
Where are you registered to vote?
Where are you registered with a doctor?
Where are you living for the DVLA?
Or inland revenue?
Or bank?
Trust me, it's NOT worth the stress of being found out. And SFE have representatives on this forum so assuming that's your real name and location you've just seriously messed up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending